Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly my right riding-boot suffers greatly due to the missing heel-guard on my Hypermotard 821 SP. All the installed after-market parts (SC-Project slip-on, Ducabike Monoposto pegs) leave a critical spot of the exhaust-pipe exposed causing heat-damage to the boot when I touch it while riding.

Since there isn't a readily off-the-self part available for the combination of exhaust/slip-on and rear-sets from Ducabike and SC-Project, the only solution to this is the do-it-yourself approach.

So... measuring distances and drilling-holes of the right foot-peg and the exhaust-pipe at the foot-peg, I started constructing...

The 3D-data of this part is on its way to ShapeWays, who will do a 3D-print of that very part. This in turn will be used as a positive-form for a carbon-weave mold. That positive-form I'll then hand over to Carbon.sk.

Interesting what you do for you motorcycles :)

Best regards...

MacSlow

·
Registered
10 Posts
Custom part

Sadly my right riding-boot suffers greatly due to the missing heel-guard on my Hypermotard 821 SP. All the installed after-market parts (SC-Project slip-on, Ducabike Monoposto pegs) leave a critical spot of the exhaust-pipe exposed causing heat-damage to the boot when I touch it while riding.

Since there isn't a readily off-the-self part available for the combination of exhaust/slip-on and rear-sets from Ducabike and SC-Project, the only solution to this is the do-it-yourself approach.

So... measuring distances and drilling-holes of the right foot-peg and the exhaust-pipe at the foot-peg, I started constructing...

The 3D-data of this part is on its way to ShapeWays, who will do a 3D-print of that very part. This in turn will be used as a positive-form for a carbon-weave mold. That positive-form I'll then hand over to Carbon.sk.

Interesting what you do for you motorcycles :)

Best regards...

MacSlow
What did it cost to have shapeways print that for you? Also what program did you use to design?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same issue.

Even tho I ceramic coated my SC Project pipe, the heat is still too much for my boot. Altho now there is enough rubber melted on to it that it doesn't melt anymore!

They do supply a carbon heel guard for $ 42 euro.

RPPC05 - PARATACCO IN CARBONIO SX - 821 - HYPERMOTARD
I know and have two of those (which came with the pegs), but they are too short for the upwards-connecting part of the pipe coming with the SC-Project slip-on.

Best regards...

MacSlow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts