Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gettin new rubber this weekend ...yeaah....(found a good outfit in Tacoma for any of you locals - cycletireswholesale.com)
I opted for the Perelli Diablo Stradas. They have prices as good as online as far as I can tell and $20 each for mounting and balancing.

Anyway....upon removing the rear wheel I realized my cush drive was loose and rattling around a bit. My keen mind focused almost instantly on it and concluded "that ain't right". I torqued the internal hex head a bit and it tightened right up. So I am going to pull it out clean, inspect and reinstall. LT Snyder mentions it a little but doesn't give a torque figure for the bolts.

Anyone know what it may be for my '01 ST4?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Here is what I found in the shop manual:

Rear Wheel Cush Drive Rubber Pin: 46 Nm +/- 5%

It also states Loctite 601

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a digital copy of the 2003 ST4s shop manual? I downloaded a repair manual, but it did not have any torque setting listed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Stephen:
Here's a spreadsheet with all the settings (Hope it is attached!) ----- I had to copy it to a Word doc, so you can use it as is or convert it back to a spreadsheet.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Stephen:
Here's a spreadsheet with all the settings (Hope it is attached!) ----- I had to copy it to a Word doc, so you can use it as is or convert it back to a spreadsheet.

Good luck!
Nice Duc2Be Very useful that is going into the laminator for the workshop and the tool kit on the bike.

BTW spent 2 weeks in Raleigh NC - long story

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dave,

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll tell you whut. I'm sure glad I decided to get the tires early and tear into this thing. I put a chain and sprockets on it when I first got it but didn't poke around much. My cush drive was in dire need of some TLC. The rustly dry pins were starting to show signs of wear. For me I'll take it off and service it anytime I take the rear wheel off, it's easy now that I understand it.

Yes, thanks Dave, downloaded and printed.
I found a simple to use online converter ...

http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/converter.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts