Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
The cush drive is the part the sproket attached to right?? I think that's what it's called. If so, with the wheel off the bike, it just slides right out of the wheel. If I'm wrong, I'm a dork and I apologize.

G

·
It's simple. Remove the sprocket drive unit. Support the bike properly. Then the cush drives bolt threw the cover. Use a allen wrench behind them and then unbolt the cush drive

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have taken the wheel off, removed the rotor and the sprocket drive. I'm not clear what cover you mean? I'm trying to get the rubbers out of the wheel hub rather than the drive from the sprocket.

·
Registered
35 Posts
SBKI said:
It's simple. Remove the sprocket drive unit. Support the bike properly. Then the cush drives bolt threw the cover. Use a allen wrench behind them and then unbolt the cush drive
Are you talking about a 749S mate?

The cush drive are pressed into the wheel hub. They are a fixed metal shell with rubber inner.

Heat and a slide hammer is the easiest way of removing them.

Why do you want to remove them?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Heat and slide hammer...

Yep, that's what you need! Heat and slide hammer... I know, I just did a set the other week. Call the Guys at AMS Ducati, they sold me a set for a supersport for around $75. If you need one you need to change them all. The rest are not far behind a bad one.

Good Luck,
Rich D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts