Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The cush drive is the part the sproket attached to right?? I think that's what it's called. If so, with the wheel off the bike, it just slides right out of the wheel. If I'm wrong, I'm a dork and I apologize.

G

·
It's simple. Remove the sprocket drive unit. Support the bike properly. Then the cush drives bolt threw the cover. Use a allen wrench behind them and then unbolt the cush drive

·
Registered
34 Posts
SBKI said:
It's simple. Remove the sprocket drive unit. Support the bike properly. Then the cush drives bolt threw the cover. Use a allen wrench behind them and then unbolt the cush drive
Are you talking about a 749S mate?

The cush drive are pressed into the wheel hub. They are a fixed metal shell with rubber inner.

Heat and a slide hammer is the easiest way of removing them.

Why do you want to remove them?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Heat and slide hammer...

Yep, that's what you need! Heat and slide hammer... I know, I just did a set the other week. Call the Guys at AMS Ducati, they sold me a set for a supersport for around $75. If you need one you need to change them all. The rest are not far behind a bad one.

Good Luck,
Rich D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.