I dont think you can lump aussies, poms, and south Africans in the same basket
Maybe Aussies and Kiwi's to the american eye
but we are quite different.

As far as Cunts

there is a world of difference to these two sayings

"you're a fucking cunt"
and "You're a fucking mad cunt"
One is a compliment and one an insult.
Only the Aussies and Kiwi's maybe the poms will know which is which :surprise:>:)

Mateship and looking out for the under dog is an in-ground concept in Australia and NZ
We have this mystical thing called the ANZAC spirit we are very proud of and strive to uphold any way thats my 2 bits
We have always punched above our weight in the military stakes eg the rats of tobruk long tan the battle of kapyong

This may help

https://youtu.be/yDb_WsAt_Z0

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Guys. Please let's keep this as a language and culture (or lack of) thread please. So no guns, politics or ethnic dislikes. It's supposed to be a fun thread about understanding our differences in language and culture (or lack of).

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
I don't know about the U.S. But it's not unusual for the Aussie ladies to thow the F and C word out in normal conversations. And we don't blink an eye when we hear it.

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
What I lament is the loss of our bush and early language. So much unique Australian slang is disappearing. Poms I don't think have the same problem. What about you yanks? You finding you're loosing certain word and sayings unique to you?

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,521 Posts
I was thinking of adding to this thread but can't find much to say that you cunts haven't already fucking said.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,521 Posts
Miller showed some "Cultural difference" in the way he expressed his feelings towards Bautista yesterday >:)

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
The great Aussie larrikin is a dyeing breed. Replaces by a brainless, humourless politically correct, tell you how wrong you are species with no tolerance for our unique culture or slang.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts