Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what I did to make my girl so upset, but she won't stop crying. She's an 09 and just turned 3000. Anyone else having a similar issue? Is it a bad gasket seal or possibly something bigger?

·
Registered
605 Posts
The valve covers use o-rings. Likely it was pinched/nicked on installation, if installed correctly it should not leak. My vert cyl. intake was nicked when I took it off for a valve check but didn't leak. This kind of stuff isn't worth the hassle of the dealer. Check and replace if neccessary. Always grease the o-rings so they compress and slide smoothly into the bore in the head. Rotate the cover back and forth while pressing down square.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
O ring problem. Mine was leaking drops on the garage floor the day I got it. Easily fixed by getting a new seal.

Might be able to get your dealer to replace it for you under warranty.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine weep a little too. For those that have replaced theirs do you buy Ducati O rings or are there any replacements for a normal price that will work?

·
Registered
605 Posts
I wanted to ride the next day so I bought one at the dealer. I'm sure its a standard metric o-ring, measure it and you can buy a bag from a supplier for what one at the dealer costs. I do this for all the o-rings on my dirt bikes. I'll get these before the next valve check.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Huh, i just noticed this happening to mine this past weekend. How handy to find this is a "known" issue and so minor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts