Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
My neighbor's wife accross the street from us has seen my bike a couple of times and heard me talking about my "Ducati" so she says "I thought your bike was a Tecate". I said no its not a Mexican beer its an Italian work of art that happens to be a motorcycle. Man a had to chuckle since she was so clueless.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
fff said:
My neighbor's wife accross the street from us has seen my bike a couple of times and heard me talking about my "Ducati" so she says "I thought your bike was a Tecate". I said no its not a Mexican beer its an Italian work of art that happens to be a motorcycle. Man a had to chuckle since she was so clueless.
Good thing she didn't take a can opener to the gas tank and start sucking it down.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ridinfool said:
I cant be the only one that gets a little tired of my bike being refered to as a "crotchrocket". It makes me feel my DUC is being lumped in with the other full fairng bikes(big four).
Also I live in the land of HD here in Wi. so lots of Harley riders assume Im on a "rice rocket". Usually when they hear the exhaust note, they realize they arent the only ones with a bad-ass twin between there legs!

B
PS......proud to ride a Pasta-rocket"
I don't mind the "crotch rocket" thing but I did have a guy call my bike a "rice burner". I told him my bike was made in Italy and any time he wanted to bet whose bike had less Japanese parts I had my title ready. ;)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Funny thing I noticed the other day on this topic. I bought a new fuel injection relay from the dealer. "Ducati" (Italian) stamped in red all over the bag, "Sourced from Germany" on the label stuck to the bag, and stamped into the plastic of the relay itself "Made in Portugal".

·
Administrator
5,958 Posts
To emulate Gilda Radner (look it up you young pups!)

What is all this discussion about Crotch Racket?

Are your jeans too noisey? Are your genitals playing MP3's?

Psss, that is not crotch RACKET it is crotch ROCKET.

Oh, okay.

NEVERMIND......

·
Registered
129 Posts
B_Cebrian said:
Funny thing I noticed the other day on this topic. I bought a new fuel injection relay from the dealer. "Ducati" (Italian) stamped in red all over the bag, "Sourced from Germany" on the label stuck to the bag, and stamped into the plastic of the relay itself "Made in Portugal".
I bought a spare Ducati key blank last year. The label on the plastic bag had "Made in Japan" printed on it. :confused:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'll tell you this: I never would have bought the goodies I have bought for my bike as upgrades/gear, having been made in Italy or the USA, had they been made in China (Harley stuff). What are they hanging onto? What are we hanging onto?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Liked that term, crotch brick. I got to remember that.

My brother and I ride down to a Harley bar once in a while ( Jackass Flats ). On wednesday night there is about 1000 Harleys there and a hand full of sport bikes. I had a couple of them staing at my bike, they were very drunk and one says what kind of a rice-burner is that. I replied no this is frum Wop-land, it's a Harley-burner. All of a sudden I felt like there was a 1000 pairs of eyes on me. The one rider walks up and says that's not funny and looked at him and said I'm not laughing. They stood there a stared abit then walked away. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is my rocket,
This is a Ducati.

This one you bounce on,
This one you lean.

When you ladies leave my Ducati Island........

After reading the one post I started hearing Full Metal Jacket.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Lync said:
Liked that term, crotch brick. I got to remember that.

My brother and I ride down to a Harley bar once in a while ( Jackass Flats ). On wednesday night there is about 1000 Harleys there and a hand full of sport bikes. I had a couple of them staing at my bike, they were very drunk and one says what kind of a rice-burner is that. I replied no this is frum Wop-land, it's a Harley-burner. All of a sudden I felt like there was a 1000 pairs of eyes on me. The one rider walks up and says that's not funny and looked at him and said I'm not laughing. They stood there a stared abit then walked away. :)
Ask him if he knows the easiest way to get 150HP out of a Harley?

Trade bikes.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts