Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m having a hell of a time installing the bar end mirror adapters on my 7/8 handlebars on my streetfighter. It doesn’t seem the adapters want to go into the handlebars? Am I missing something? Pics down below. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is that an aftermarket handlebar? The aluminum looks thicker than normal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe so I think I may have found the issue, looks like CRG has made two different adapters at separate times. Some show a inside diameter of 15.49mm minimum and some show 12mm minimum and they both have different part numbers. But still are 7/8. Confusing il be calling CRG in the morning.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Why not just clamp it onto the bars? You have the room and CRG recommends clamping over using their adaptors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t have the stock bar ends, the aftermarket ones get in the way of mounting them on the sides where I prefer them.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Get a reamer, widen out the hole a bit and done, I did it to a couple of my bikes including the multi I have now, don't worry, plenty of meat on those bars!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Figured it out, if you guys plan on ordering adapters, make sure the product number is IA100 it’s a small diameter that’s fit a bigger range then the IA300. Refrence (IA100 12mm to 19mm) (IA300 15.49mm to 19mm)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts