Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know want kind of adapter I can order to fit with the CRG Arrow bar-end mirror. I have a Ducati streetfigther 848 and I see that the diameter of the handlebar is 14,5mm. That is small! The crg steel handlebar internal adapter kit will work only on handlebar with a internal diameters between 15,49mm to 19.05mm. Can someone help me?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I'm not sure about any of the stated measurements that the adapters are stated to work with. However, I've been using the adapters on several bikes including my SFS and the adapters get really small. They should have no problem working on an 848SF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
671 Posts
Can someone help me?
You don't need adapters. Move the controls inboard 1/4 of an inch and clamp the mirrors directly to the bars. You can put the stock bar end plugs but they are cheap plastic.

You have two choice to do this. The handle bar have 2 holes and the controls have a plastic pin that goes in. You can drill new holes to the bar (complicated) or grind the plastic pin on the controls (easier). That also allow you to change the controls angle which is nice.

I used billet bar weights.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I put CRG bar ends on a month ago. This is the adapter I used. As others have said you don't need an adapter but I think if gives a cleaner look. Personal preference. CRG Billet Internal Adapter for Bar end Mirror PART NUMBER MVLSM02. $19.95. The Ducati reddit group gives 10% off through one of the site sponsors. Amazon has the adapters too

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was my mistake I order CRG billet internal adapter IA-300 - 7/8” - Works on bars with internal diameters as small as 15.49mm (.610") and as large as 19.05mm (.750"). But the right fit was IA-100 - 7/8” Universal - Works on bars with internal diameters as small as 12mm (.475") and as large as 19mm (.750"). This range covers virtually all aluminum and steel bars/clip-ons. Now everything fit well! I order on Fortnine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts