Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an 03 749 this is my 3rd Duc It has been almost 1 year since I've owned her, I rarely get to hold her wide open for more than 10 seconds :mad: because Things have a tendency of popping up outta no where or I'm already behind a car I do white line but ...... dont wanna try that with a wide open throttle.
My personal opinion I'm not using my machines full power BUT theres still a need for more :confused: if you ask me why I wouldn't be able to answer.
I have 2 questions for you guys/girls:
Am I weird? :abduct:
Am I the only one?

I'm thinking of swapping my 749 for a 999, thinking of buying a blown 999 engine so I could play

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
+3 on the racetrack. I've heard great things about Thunderbolt. If you don't think you want to ride your street bike on the track just yet, take a ride out to the local track and check it out. Its not as crazy as some people think. WOT in Brooklyn on a superbike? Now that's scary...

Sent from my DROID4 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

Hellen Keller said that. If she had a Ducati I think she'd at least TRY a trackday--blind, deaf and all.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you really think about it, riding on the street is far more dangerous. You aren't required to full leathers, and it's rare to see someone that does unless they're out to hit the twisties on a weekend. You have so many variables on the street; dirt, potholes, little old ladies who can't see worth a damn, stupid teenage girls texting while driving and putting on makeup, nobody ever looks over their shoulder to check the blind spot, those black squiggly lines and the list goes on. At the track you are able to ride your own pace at the novice level. Tracks are taken care of so you don't have to worry about those little road gremlins. Everyone is out there for the same reason and not trying to kill you. There is no speed limit. I'll say that again..There Is No Speed Limit. If you consider the argument the track is safer to ride on. My .02

·
Registered
237 Posts
And... If you decide you would like more power still. Like I did... Either do a transplant or get the big bore kit. It has woke mine up and is MUCH more fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
+1 on trying a track day. It will improve your confidence and help you learn your and your bike's limits. Just remember you won't get prize money or trophies and you will be fine.

You may find your desire for more power to be a mirage. Except for straight line speed even my Mutley 620 is a gas. And, it is pretty cool to use WOT sometimes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Add one more to hit the track!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you own a superbike and NEVER do a trackday( you can always find an excuse) you are missing out on a big part of the experiance of what Duc superbikes are all about.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Transplant a 999 engine or install an overbore kit. Sure it's politically correct thing to say go to the track....blah, blah, blah....of course it's safer and more fun. But there's nothing wrong with adding a few more HP to put a little grin on your face while street riding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts