Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added K&N pod filters, dp ecu(reflashed), and a two brothers slipon can. Then i changed the front sprocket out for a 14 tooth, put some 4'' headlights on it along with a carbon fiber buell xb flyscreen and a carbon fiber hyper chainguard/hugger. Bar end mirrors, protaper 'henry/reed' bars, and a low profile LED tailight assembly finished it off(for now)...

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very cool!

I like the look of your bike a lot.

What did it take to fit the seat and tank? You said you made a different subframe? Any more pics of the build?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!!

Mike, i got the front latch mechanism for the tank and the rear hinge off ebay. I had to cut the plastic down on the ignition key cover to get them to 'hook' together properly. Along with drilling out some holes so the hook sat lower. The factory monster hinge bolts to the subframe. The subframe is super basic, the stock monster subframe sticks out way farther for a funky fender thing and has passenger grabrails. Mines just the bare essentials for the seat mounts and little battery 'box'. The subframe is almost hidden by the seat so the tail is really clean and uncluttered IMO.

The plastic tank is off the watercooled monsters as they have the same flange as the hypermotard for the fuel pump. I also had to replace the entire wiring harness as it(along w the ecus connectors/plugs) got major road rash on that side. I had to ditch the hypers airbox too.

·
Flying Brit
1,815 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice job B.W, glad to see it done .I was couscous as to how it was going to come out.
I would say your franken-hyper looks awesome ! I'll bet its nice and loud too :D
BTW Is that a midget welder that you use for tight spots ? :p
ride-on
Bob

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!! Yeah bob, the muffler is a straight shot thru its almost too loud, but i LOVE the sound of a desmo twin! I remember seeing ducatis when i was younger always jealous of the sound and the fancy parts those guys had on their italian bikes :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks good! I've been wanting to see how your bike came out. I'd like to see the front fork guards painted to match the tank. The headlights look nice though.

Good job

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good! I've been wanting to see how your bike came out. I'd like to see the front fork guards painted to match the tank. The headlights look nice though.

Good job
Yeah, i agree on the fork guards. They do match the red 'ducati' stickers on it though. I wanted to get a seat cowl to match too but my son asks to go riding w me all the time so it would just stay off?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Very nice man!
A tiny bit reminiscent of the terra-mostro off road monster since it has the stance of the Hyper. I like it!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice man!
A tiny bit reminiscent of the terra-mostro off road monster since it has the stance of the Hyper. I like it!
I think hypers have 6-6.5" of travel where 'normal' streetbikes have about 5"? I really like the terramostro too, i think those were only offered with the 620 motor, which, for me, would be plenty in the dirt

·
135 Posts
I like what you did with the exhaust! I wanted to do that with my Monster and ended up using the shortys for my Hyper!
My Monster is set up with the solo seat and I didn't want to change it, so I convinced my wife we need a family bike, thus the hyper. My kids love it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That exhaust was just a twobros slipon for an r1,gsxr1000 or something similar?. They let me open all the boxes at cyclegear so i could find one w a short bend in the 2 1/8" inlet pipe...no welding(except for a subframe bracket for the can to hang onto).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts