Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bumped into my ss after months of work to get it all set up right. I hit it with my girlfriends truck so the insurance will cover it under her policy even though I was driving. In any event the "Investigator"n thinks I did it on purpose and says it does not add up. In any event I am pretty pissed, put alot into this guy and its not about the money, its a hobby. Hit the bike on the brake side fell onto the gear (bike was running choked up to 3000 rpm) and took off into wall. (10-12 ft away) Guy said that is not possible there should be more marks and stuff, I do not know what to tell him, what it is it is. Any one have any advice with investigators or ways to proceed.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm confused. Are they saying you did it on purpose or are they saying that the damages don't match the story you're telling.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you say there's not that much damage why not just fix it without involving insurance. I've always had some clean bikes and the only time I would make an insurance claim is that if they were either totaled or very close to it.

I can see why the adjuster said doesn't really make sense--If the bike fell onto the gear shifter it would have to be almost parallel to the ground with the tire practically on it's side--being rammed into gear like that should have killed the motor instantly as well.........I can't see the bike traveling 10-12 feet so I can see why he's confused.......

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
insurance

well the damage is mostly from hitting the wall, he said he would expect more "scraping of the fairings ext". Rev your bike up to 3000 and hit the lever into first gear, the bike wont stall with no rider on it. It just launchs. Unfortunatly the damage is to the fairings and possibly a fork and the headlight bucket mirror and windscreen. Does not look like alot untill you add up the pieces.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
proof

Ask him to get proof and if not tell to kiss your Duc!! Then tell to just do his job.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ask him to get proof and if not tell to kiss your Duc!! Then tell to just do his job.
Unfortunatly he is doing his job, and that is to deny all claims so they dont have to pay out and they save themselves some money then they tie it up in court for 3 or 4 years hoping you will just give up trying...

I say stick with it and make his life hell :)

Take money off you for years and years for your cars, your house, your bikes... and wont pay out one time... please mate!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good advice
I had my old YZF stolen and got the same run around. Insurance adjuster told me he thought i had something to do with it. I ended up telling him to GTF out of my house and come back with proof or stop making BS allegations. Never heard from him again and they ended up covering it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Insurance problems

Yeah I took some photos of the damage on the truck and the bike. This guy took like three using his briefcase as a unit of measure. I would not call that very accurate. I measured all the distances and heights and the dents match up with the can exactly. I also measured the distances thickness of the fiberglass pieces and windscreen, If they want to jam me up I will run the physics on it and let them know what the break strength and tensile strength of the pieces that broke were, I could probably figure out the bikes speed within a half a mile or so since the distance is so short. Ducati owners tend to be pretty intelligent, not your average crotch rocket scene, What pisses me off between me and my GF we insure over 7 vehicles and bikes and our house all via Geico. I have not had an auto claim in over ten years. If they think I will just disappear then they are dreaming. The bike is not worth a fortune but when you come to my house and call me a liar then it’s not about the money any more. I switched everything to allstate yesterday as I am wondering if I hit someone if they would give them the same run around, then who would get sued. It would be me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Just tell him you own a Hondamatic, he'll know you're a straight arrow. :)

Actaully I rode a HM once, better bike than it was given credit for. Much in demand to mod for motion challenged riders.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
State Farm

Many of my budds changed to State Farm just because of the problems you are having with your claim. Can they tie it up in court? Make some calls to his boss along with a call to the local paper!!! Better yet e-mail his boss and cc to loacl paper then wait for a call back!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Here's a better idea. Quit dealing with large national carriers. Once you get the claim resolved, contact a local independent insurance agent who can service your needs. They are your neighbor, and will place you with a good carrier that they know and trust. Chances are, it won't cost you any more money either, or not enough more to worry about.

And by the way, most companies couldn't care less if you threaten to contact your local paper. Furthermore, most papers couldn't care less either. The VAST majority of adjusters and insurance professionals are decent honest people doing their job. Some are not. None of them get paid extra to screw you, but all get paid to make sure your story makes sense and the damages are reasonable for the circumstances of the accident.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did as REVNH said and have been happy since. She shops insurance for me and fights with them if there is an issue. It actually saved me money over what i was paying before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts