Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago my bike was stolen right outside my apartment here in Oslo!!:eek:

Last night the cops sighted it on a highway right outside of Oslo, but with different plates (ofcourse!). They started a carchase. After a pretty long chase, the trip ended when the rider of my ducati crashed it pretty hard!:mad:

The rider is in the hospital with serious head- and fracture injuries! - I must say -MAN it feels good!!!!

He REALLY got what he deserved!!!

But whats gonna happen now, I don't know yet! I saw it on the news this morning! I was like: DAMN, thats MY bike!!! :eek:

The "pictures" are "before" and after!

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
I really don't believe in violence but there are definitely times, when someone blatently disregards the law that affects another person, that I think the only justice is for the person to suffer...and it looks like that's what happened here; call it Karma I guess.

Keep us apprised of what happens...hope you get compensated in some manner and are back with her or another you love equally!

Shawn

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm sorry about your bike man. That really sucks. I'm with you that guy got what he deserves. Stupid people. I hope you are compensated for your loss.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
stolen

I hope that you don't get screwed with the insurance...if you had damage coverage.

As for the thief, it actually turned out better. If he'd been caught or been caught with no injuries, believe me he'd have got a slap on the wrist after he trashed your bike. I've seen that too many times before. "Property" crimes are not really a big deal anymore.

At least this way he may get some time to think about it and learn from it...probably not...but as Lloyd Christmas once said, "so you're saying that there's a chance!"

I'll take the tank if you're sellin!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
it is a bad scene all around. now tax payers get to pay for taking care of the thief and you end up with a broken bike. what a bummer
Norwegian taxpayers?

Karma all around on that one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You get what you give and this guy obviously got what he had coming. Bike thieves..the lowest of the low.

·
Registered
956 Posts
You get what you give and this guy obviously got what he had coming. Bike thieves..the lowest of the low.
Nope. Identity thieves. I work in finance regulation and recently had a presentation by an RCMP officer on the subject. These guys will steal your life out from under you and laugh when caught because they sense absolutely nothing wrong in what they've done. The usual response is "well if he/she was so stupid to let me get the money, then oh well".

The officer said she left because it was so sickening, and moved to drugs, where happily, in her opinion, at least they kill each other when they see each other as competition, thus weeding out one more loser in the system. The identity thieves sell their intelligence to each other and thus thrive on destroying you multiple times!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
i am amazed at the responses...... come on guys. It is just a bike. You actually wish head fractures on someone? Childish.

We have all done stupid things we regret. You state we are going to pay for him...... we all ready are with our taxes and soon to be more.

·
Registered
956 Posts
i am amazed at the responses...... come on guys. It is just a bike. You actually wish head fractures on someone? Childish.

We have all done stupid things we regret. You state we are going to pay for him...... we all ready are with our taxes and soon to be more.
People's values differ. Maybe the OP spent 5 years saving for the bike and under normal circumstances would have been happy if the thief was caught and properly sentenced. We all have the capacity to want revenge, intellectually, but when it really comes down to it most of us are not capable of exacting that revenge...because we're human and understand that an eye for an eye has its limits...

You're also dealing with a bunch of motorcyclists here, on a forum, where the talk is everything, and I bet you none of them would actually be happy if the guy died (worst case) if it actually happened to them...

Talk, especially internet talk, is cheap. And of course the OP felt a sense of something, but I bet in reality if the guy doesn't make it, he will be affected...

·
Registered
328 Posts

Wish fractures?? No I hope this guy dies from complications. Better if he had just died at the scene saving honest citizens time and money.

You're also dealing with a bunch of motorcyclists here, on a forum, where the talk is everything, and I bet you none of them would actually be happy if the guy died (worst case) if it actually happened to them...
Maybe its the military in me, but I really do think thieves should at a minimum have a hand chopped off. Better if they just die, so no one has to worry about them stealing their hard earned property anymore. Thieves are the lowest of the low as someone else stated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wish fractures?? No I hope this guy dies from complications. Better if he had just died at the scene saving honest citizens time and money.

Maybe its the military in me, but I really do think thieves should at a minimum have a hand chopped off. Better if they just die, so no one has to worry about them stealing their hard earned property anymore. Thieves are the lowest of the low as someone else stated.
At least in Texas you kill criminals on death row fast. In California they sit on it for 30 years, and you can carry guns in Texas

·
Registered
62 Posts
Perhaps "we" wish bad things to happen because "our" criminal justice system doesn't work.
Also, it is one thing for someone to steal because they need food, shelter, etc. It is something else to steal for pleasure. I would have more sympathy for him if the bike had been found at a chop shop and parts on ebay. Joyriding a stolen bike is a different level of the crime for me. What is the victim left with? A broken bike worth little, higher insurance (if they retain you), and unhappiness with a wrecked bike (even if it gets fixed).

Just be glad that you aren't the jaywalker in Miami that was killed by a drunk Stallworth (NFL player), he was sentenced to 30 days in jail for DUI Manslaughter. What a joke.

·
Registered
956 Posts

Don't worry, I do hear you, and I can only imagine how much stronger it would be if someone hurt a person I loved. I'd probably yield the axe myself. But the point I was trying to make is that it's not good to think these things. Kill the guy, he deserves what he got, etc., while maybe true in a sense (you want justice, and you always think when you have been hurt that death is good justice!) needs a step back for a second in many cases because as victims you want what your emotions, not your reason, are telling you are correct...if that makes sense.

Shawn

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.