Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
crash update

highsided 60-65mph, landed shoulders and head (grass)....then mucho tumbling/flipping/ sliding:(

broke clavicals on both sides, dislocated shoulder, two slings and a back brace. no arm movement for 4-6 weeks. can't drive, feed self or brush teeth/bathe.:mad:

high quality gear saved my life. if you don't have a great back protector, get one!

sorry if I havent returned your emails...typing one handed (and it hurts like all hell). Thanks to everyone for your well wishes, emails and visits...it's boring here and the many guests have been a great distraction.

anybody got a bike for sale cheap? I'm gonna need a new Duc.

Thanks again for all the support.

Chris

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow, Chris, hadn't heard of the accident (haven't been a member all that long). I hope you heal quickly and mostly, completely.

I appreciate the update and the safety suggestions, too.

I wish you good luck finding a new bike...this is a great time to be in the market, though, with prices as depressed as they are. It's dangerous for me to look on ebay or CL, because I don't have enough time to ride the duc I have, but it seems like I could somehow rationalize having at least one more. :yeah:

Take care and enjoy the ride (soon!),
Greg

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Hate to hear of the crash. I high-sided my 900SS back in '02 and broke both wrists...I know a little of what you are going through with dressing, bathing, and, uh, everything else...:eek:.

Hope your recovery is quick!

I'd like to know how the crash happened. Analyzing what happened and sharing it may prevent someone else from doing the same thing!

·
Registered
755 Posts
update . . .

Hey Chris,

The streaming video feed from Valencia Spain WSBK, will be on 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday and 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday at ducati.com. Look for the "garage on-air" light to be on and then click it.

Sorry to hear about the update, I take it your trip to BJC gave you more info?

May the force be with you.

Fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts