Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there, i am in the process of buying protectors for my SF S.

While searching on the internet i came across R&G racing products, the SPEEDYMOTO Frame Sliders and the RHINOMOTO Rear and Front Axle Sliders.

i dont care if one of them is slightly more expensive i just want the ones that are best for my sf!!

So the questions is, R&G Frame Sliders or SPEEDYMOTO Frame Sliders??
and ofcourse RHINOMOTO Rear and Front Axle Sliders or the R&G ones??

i saw that SPEEDYMOTO Frame Sliders connect to each other from side to side, then i saw the fitting istruction of the R&G protectors but i dont think they link to each other they just fit to either side of the bike.
Does that make SPEEDYMOTO better if a crash occurs?

I hope you can help with your experience on ducati's!!! thanks alot in advance!

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Ducati/Streetfighter_S/2009/CP0253BL.aspx

VS

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=853|Misc.%20Parts%3A%20Italian&productID=5492&showDetail=1&categoryID=1127|Ducati%20Streetfighter%20Misc&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168|European%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have Speedymoto frame sliders and they do connect. It took me about 8 minutes to install. And I can say they saved my bike. I had a low speed (5mph) fall and the slider took all the impact. Not a single scratch on my bike. I also have Speedymoto axle sliders, but they didn't get touched. I highly recommend the Speedymoto frame sliders! The only gripe I have with Speedymoto is they're really slow in production. I ordered replacement pucks and 5 weeks later, still nothing. I found a set locally and canceled my order at Speedymoto.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool man, thanks your feedback is great...
Does anyone know if the R&G ones connect?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The R&G ones usually go through the engine with a stainless rod, all the ones on my other bikes did.

In the end i went for the motivation ones. I did order some R&G ones from a local dealer , but after waiting 4 weeks & phoning him twicw i thought "fuck him" I went on ebay & ordered the ones from a company in Germany & they were here in 2 days

Really easy to fit & an excellent product..Recommended

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is easy for me to buy the R&G because my dealer can have it here in some days. all the other once i need to buy from the internet. thats no big deal but if the R&G fo through the engine i wont have a problem to buy them...

if anyone has one of those i would appreciate it if he gave as some feedback!! :)

Some guy at the greek ducati forum recommended the motivation ones too blackie!!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I preferred the round ones tbh, I think the teardrop ones look a bit gay

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have Speedymoto frame sliders and they do connect. It took me about 8 minutes to install. And I can say they saved my bike. I had a low speed (5mph) fall and the slider took all the impact. Not a single scratch on my bike. I also have Speedymoto axle sliders, but they didn't get touched. I highly recommend the Speedymoto frame sliders! The only gripe I have with Speedymoto is they're really slow in production. I ordered replacement pucks and 5 weeks later, still nothing. I found a set locally and canceled my order at Speedymoto.
I agree with sfarchie, SpeedyMoto sliders are terrific. Saved my bike from a lot of damage. I have both the frame and axle sliders, front and rear. And yes, they are very difficult to get. I'm still waiting for the replacements for my damaged ones. IMHO, I think the SpeedyMoto sliders look the best too. :D

Here's the link to my "incident":
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=73831

·
Registered
736 Posts
I got the R&G frame, rear and front wheel protectors as well as the upper and lower radiator guards and fortunately have not tested them, but they all seem very sturdy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the Motovation ones. Front, rear, and frame. They look decent, and extremely easy to install. But for some reason, the painted "MOTOVATION" lettering on one of the front sliders rubbed off just by touching it. Like the paint wasn't cured or something. So I wiped it off completely and it still looks good.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Another frame slider option

Here is another option. I don't know the brand but they are available locally (Calgary) at SportCycle (403) 276-3385. BTW, they are actually aluminum - I put the carbon skin on the black them out. They are bolted through the engine.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts