Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode by this on the way up to 35 from La Honda. Does anyone know this guy? Pearl white 1098/848 style bike, couldn't tell for sure. Pretty awful accident scene--he and a Norton had a head-on collision:

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
It would be nice to know that they both were only hurt and lived through it, and nothing worse. I was about to leave LDD when the firehouse got the call and they rushed out there. Road got closed and we headed towards Santa Cruz to make our way out.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I have been following this news on the South Bay Riders Forum. Preliminary reports were that the rider of the white 848 crossed a double yellow on a right hand, blind curve and collided with the Norton.

Someone recently posted that the Duc rider suffered a head injury and the Norton rider suffered a broken femur. The person reporting did not cite her sources, so I don't know the accuracy of the information.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Thanks. I quit reading about page 8 after the flame fest began.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I just want to know if anyone here knew the dude. Situation is terrible, of course. He must of had friends who were Duc riders... any on this board have any non-speculative info?

·
Registered
635 Posts
What a crying shame that Norton looks like it was cherry!

Geez right of center! Thats why I keep saying go crazy on the track not the street. At least know your road. Still I hope they both come thru ok.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
One of my biggest fears is meeting some asshat flying around the bend into my lane. I move over when I see any potential for it but you can only do so much. In wooded areas you can't see around the bend and I've had some close calls.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't like to add rumors, but after I road to the top of 84, I talked to the owner of the gas station at the top of the hill, who (hearsay, I know) said the LEO at the scene told him the Duc only had 299 miles on it and the rider was 23 years old.

Can anyone corroborate?

·
Go for it!
461 Posts
Not ideal condition for speed

We (three of us) went to LDD and the weather was foggy and the road was damp. We rode at speed limit and even lower at some wet areas. It is insane even attempting to ride fast.

I hope both riders recover.

·
Registered
290 Posts
bummer, last time out I had a guy on a cruiser cross into my lane on a blind lefty. talk about pucker factor. Hope both riders pull through without any permanant damage. shit happens...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts