Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought STM made them in various colors? The only problem is everytime I go to a site to buy it they all say that its not for the 1098.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've seen this topic a few times and I have a question. Why do people replace the crank case breather? Is it a performance issue or just for looks?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I've seen this topic a few times and I have a question. Why do people replace the crank case breather? Is it a performance issue or just for looks?
The stock breathers (on older bikes anyway) have a tendency to leak so are often replaced for that reason, which is why I replaced mine, obviously some are replaced for the 'bling' but also for performance; if combined with a large underseat breather box and reed valve in the airbox then a larger bore breather will gain a few HP.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The 1098 series crankcase breather is completely different than the other Ducati crankcase breathers. The last time I checked, they did not fit.

-M

·
Registered
190 Posts
I replaced my leaking oem breather on my 996 with a Slingshot racing anodized aluminum one, and it leaks from the base. Has anyone done anything specific to keep them from leaking? There is no seal or groove to retain a seal on this unit. I kept the oem seal with a bit of sealer on it and used high temp teflon on the threads, but it still weeps. Anyone experience similar issues?

This item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCA...8987068QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Carl
1999 996

1 - 8 of 8 Posts