Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember what the difference is in the cr model carbs and the sp model carbs are. If someone can refresh my memory I would appreciate it. I think it had something to do with the jetting but like I said I need a refresher. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Stock, I don't think there was any difference at all. Over time I suppose most original Mikuni carbs, either sp or cr, have been rejetted to run better.

Weren't some equipped with a heater tube depending on region?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I agee; no difference. I think the carb heaters didn't start until 1998 (my 1997 SP did not have them). Anyway, save $ and go for the Keihin carbs; best bang for the buck you can waste your money on!
Joe

·
Registered
836 Posts
only difference in any of the cr/sp/fe models is mainly the body work, ie, carbon parts over plastic and a oil temp gauge.
everything else was the same from model to model, in short.
nothing special about them....

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
only difference in any of the cr/sp/fe models is mainly the body work, ie, carbon parts over plastic and a oil temp gauge.
everything else was the same from model to model, in short.
nothing special about them....
SP models had aluminum swing arm, wider rear wheel/tire, Showa suspension (some CR's had Marzocchi non-adjustable forks) and a few other bits. Best bang for the buck (carb wise) is 41 mm FCR's on Malossi short stacks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts