Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First sorry on my bad english!!!

My name is Marco and I'm from Croatia (Eu) ,i write this topic because I'm so disappointed
on Cox racing company !!!!

3 months ago i ordered radiator guards for my s4rs http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT110029/it.A/id.784/.f?sc=2&category=100

and today they still didn't come to me,yesterday i email my friend in NY and pleased him to call them!!! They apologies to him and said that thy didn't even send a package read now
"BECAUSE THAT IS LONGEST DISTANCE THAT SOMEONE ORDERED THEIR PRODUCTS!!!"

once again,i am sorry for my english mat i am :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, they should have at least contacted you if they weren't going to send it.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
"BECAUSE THAT IS LONGEST DISTANCE THAT SOMEONE ORDERED THEIR PRODUCTS!!!"
you gotta take it easy my friend, things like that
will make for a good laugh later on hopefully.

don't get mad, that will take you nowhere.

the gold cover looks "funny" anyway.

:)

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
It comes as a surprise to me, I've dealt with them in a number of occasions and always been pleased with their product and shipping speed.
If you have a friend in NY, maybe you can have them shipped to him and then he can bounce them back to you, that would probably be the best solution as far as I can tell.
Good luck!

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
It comes as a surprise to me, I've dealt with them in a number of occasions and always been pleased with their product and shipping speed.
If you have a friend in NY, maybe you can have them shipped to him and then he can bounce them back to you, that would probably be the best solution as far as I can tell.
Good luck!

+1..Ordered twice from them and have been very pleased both times. I just installed the Oil and Radiator covers. Look great and the product fits very nicely.

Shipping overseas can be a hassle sometimes due to customs crap. I shipped a clutch cover overseas and waited a month. Never showed. Finally was routed back to me for a very stupid reason. I reshipped and it got there in a week.

·
Site Sponsor & Senior Member
193 Posts
Marco is correct, we did not ship his order when were supposed to.
And It was our mistake.

When we received Marco’s order we emailed him, letting know the gold ones where out of stock for a few weeks, asking if he wanted another color. no reply.

Then 2 to 3 weeks we received the gold ones in, processed his order.
which means we billed him, and were supposed to ship it.

Few weeks later someone called, said he was Marcos brother,
asking where Marco's order was..

Really? I said, he has not received it? Let’s check.
While we were on the phone, I check Marco’s order for usps tracking number,
his order did not have one, then I went to usps.com.
No history of Marco's order. that means we did not enter it into usps.com and it did not ship.

Still on the phone, I explained this while I was pulling Marco's order
I apologized profusely. We have a new person, we where training.
and its my fault.

I said, I do remember the order because it was the farthest east we had shipped,
(at that point) Please let Marco know it will go out today, and I'm sorry.

Going forward, If someone does not receive their order in a timely manner.
Please call.
503-841-5674
Thank you!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Cox Racing is the real deal, I recently ordered one of there oil cooler screens for my 999. It was shipped right out and was preshaped to fit too! The screen has been taking a beating given the fact I've taken two long trips w/ my 999 aside from everyday use and it still looks as new. (I bought the black screen). Glad to see they straightened things out, I would have expected nothing less from Cox Racing. Thanks for a great product and great service Andrew!

·
Registered
211 Posts
op's order was put through to cox racing in jun 2009 . today is 5/9/09 . there is no excuse for this ridiculous delay .the person apologizing , i presume an employee or owner , has done the right thing . publicly apologizing for an unacceptable error bordering on negligence . a single incident like the one mentioned here , is one too many for a www company that purportedly , sells / ships worldwide . in my book , besides the offered apologies , this customer should be reimbursed for any s/h and other expenses incurred because of this company's crass negligence .
put yourself in the op's shoes...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
What extra shipping would he have incurred. Certainly it was a mix-up the owner admitted. Does he have to slash his wrists now to make up for it? We're not talking human organs for transplant, we're talking about optional parts for a bike, the guy ordering is not out anything, inconvenienced sure, but he hasn't ceased to function because a mixup occurred in the order.

Negligence and crass, a bit over the top in detailing this event. Some of you guys take this stuff WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to seriously.

Chris

op's order was put through to cox racing in jun 2009 . today is 5/9/09 . there is no excuse for this ridiculous delay .the person apologizing , i presume an employee or owner , has done the right thing . publicly apologizing for an unacceptable error bordering on negligence . a single incident like the one mentioned here , is one too many for a www company that purportedly , sells / ships worldwide . in my book , besides the offered apologies , this customer should be reimbursed for any s/h and other expenses incurred because of this company's crass negligence .
put yourself in the op's shoes...

·
comrade moderator
26,824 Posts
+1. Andrew messed up, he admits he messed up, the OP got his parts...perhaps Andrew will cut him a deal on a future order, most likely he will have contacted the OP personally at this point, and now it's none of our business.

Lighten up Pandia. Mistakes happen.

·
Registered
325 Posts
+1. Andrew messed up, he admits he messed up, the OP got his parts...perhaps Andrew will cut him a deal on a future order, most likely he will have contacted the OP personally at this point, and now it's none of our business.

Lighten up Pandia. Mistakes happen.
Yeah really, this guy obviously has a great reputation other than this ONE incident.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
some american companies (and people) do seem gepgraphically challenged tho, I've inquired with a few sites about ordering stuff from them. Only to be cut off with "we only ship with the USA" or "We dont ship overseas". Fair enuff I'll just take my money elsewhere.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Everyone messes up once in a while - I've been known to. Nice of Andrew to own up and apoligize. My experience with Cox was great - I ordered the oil cooler guard, it got here to the other side of the world in about 10 days. Be nice to the guys who still bother with international shipping - we need all of them we can get.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
some american companies (and people) do seem gepgraphically challenged tho, I've inquired with a few sites about ordering stuff from them. Only to be cut off with "we only ship with the USA" or "We dont ship overseas". Fair enuff I'll just take my money elsewhere.
It has nothing to do with being challenged, it's the red tape and money. You have to fill out customs declaration forms for each package. Then you'd have to co-ordinate between shippers unless a domestic one delivers in your country, and even if it does, it is expensive. When I ship with US Postal Service to Guam, a US territory, it's not cheap but still half what UPS or FedEx charges. But all the forms have to be hand written. For each box. The USPS isn't computerized like private companies, I suppose it would put too many people out of work.

So if you have an online business and are trying to compete price wise you would have to eat all the extra time involved, time spent on each overseas order since they will all vary and most people would probably cancel out after they discovered the shipping fees.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
It has nothing to do with being challenged, it's the red tape and money. You have to fill out customs declaration forms for each package. Then you'd have to co-ordinate between shippers unless a domestic one delivers in your country, and even if it does, it is expensive. When I ship with US Postal Service to Guam, a US territory, it's not cheap but still half what UPS or FedEx charges. But all the forms have to be hand written. For each box. The USPS isn't computerized like private companies, I suppose it would put too many people out of work.

So if you have an online business and are trying to compete price wise you would have to eat all the extra time involved, time spent on each overseas order since they will all vary and most people would probably cancel out after they discovered the shipping fees.
I've never found the USPS customs forms to be much of a hassle. I've sent gifts abroad, and just write "gift" in the description box, then an approximate value, and off it goes. Of course, that'd be strange for a business to do that, but this is just my experience.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I've never found the USPS customs forms to be much of a hassle. I've sent gifts abroad, and just write "gift" in the description box, then an approximate value, and off it goes. Of course, that'd be strange for a business to do that, but this is just my experience.
If you want to insure it (and the value runs along $500 per, so you do want to insure it) you need a better description. Add waiting in line for people buying stamps, picking up packages, sending packages (apparently for the first time in their lives) and filling out the forms by hand for each box. I do it because I charge the gubment accordingly but not everyone has such deep pockets.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
If you want to insure it (and the value runs along $500 per, so you do want to insure it) you need a better description. Add waiting in line for people buying stamps, picking up packages, sending packages (apparently for the first time in their lives) and filling out the forms by hand for each box. I do it because I charge the gubment accordingly but not everyone has such deep pockets.
Oh yeah, waiting in line at the Post Office is a pain, and expensive (since time is money) for a business. I've never insured something sent overseas, so I see your point.

·
Site Sponsor & Senior Member
193 Posts
Thank you everyone for your support.

We work very hard producing World Class Quality parts, with World Class Service.
Frankly our radiator guards and Fender Eliminators are mostly handmade.
It takes time and craftsmanship.
Especially the Superbike Kit Radiator Guards on the ten Kate Honda, American Honda, Factory Yamaha's.

and sometimes we make mistakes.

My business Principle is this:

Until all of our customers have received and installed our parts, its our responsibility-period.
damaged shipments, lost shipments, miss shipment, wrong address, parts ordered wrong.
We take care of the Customers. Around the World.
And we have, over and over.

We did with this person as well.
once we knew there was problem, it was handled that day.

Now the question left is this,
Is he happy with his purchase, does he like his Gold S4RS radiator and oil cooler guard set?

·
Registered
211 Posts
What extra shipping would he have incurred. Certainly it was a mix-up the owner admitted. Does he have to slash his wrists now to make up for it? We're not talking human organs for transplant, we're talking about optional parts for a bike, the guy ordering is not out anything, inconvenienced sure, but he hasn't ceased to function because a mixup occurred in the order.

Negligence and crass, a bit over the top in detailing this event. Some of you guys take this stuff WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to seriously.

Chris
no wrist slashing here .....no lightening up required either....

i wonder how some of you guys would feel about this whole situation if it were your money & time we were discussing here . c/mon guys, close to 3 months for a solution ? there is no justification for this kind of mistake/delay with customers , say , half/globe away or half a block away . in my view , business is simply not done this way .

some of you boyz & gals may want to flame me to death but this kind of stuff should be taken seriously , the way issues like this one are handled is what differentiates a so-so seller from a first class outfit .coxx has shown the right attitude in apologizing to the customer and addressing the problem , albeit late . good for them . i trust both parties will be satisfied with the outcome .

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
no wrist slashing here .....no lightening up required either....

i wonder how some of you guys would feel about this whole situation if it were your money & time we were discussing here . c/mon guys, close to 3 months for a solution ? there is no justification for this kind of mistake/delay with customers , say , half/globe away or half a block away . in my view , business is simply not done this way .

some of you boyz & gals may want to flame me to death but this kind of stuff should be taken seriously , the way issues like this one are handled is what differentiates a so-so seller from a first class outfit .coxx has shown the right attitude in apologizing to the customer and addressing the problem , albeit late . good for them . i trust both parties will be satisfied with the outcome .
I ordered an oil cooler guard from Andrew a while back, and he shipped me another person's order, and they got mine. Slight screwup. I emailed Andrew and he was very sorry for the mixup. I sent mine back to him and he sent me the correct one promptly. I later bought the case guard from him, and shipping was great.

I don't know if this occurred or not, but since I'm in CA, and the other person was in Ohio, it gave Andrew a chance to notify the other party before the part arrived that there was a mixup in shipping, and get the proper part out quickly. That could potentially be viewed as great customer service for the other guy.

I think there is a bit of bunched pantyism going on with this thread. If I had to bitch, the worst was waiting for my DP rear fender from Ducati. Two months to come in, it was defective, and took another four months for the replacement.

If Ducati can fuck up, anyone can, so lighten up a bit.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts