Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

201 - 220 of 369 Posts

·
Official Retired Person
7,227 Posts
NC just posted news of the 1st two deaths in our state. One resident and one passing thru. Really? Passing thru? WTF?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Yorik,

It does sound selfish but it's not. Not caring about it and respecting everyone else's "safeties" is one thing. Not caring about it and doing whatever you like and not respecting other peoples needs, concerns, health, and on, is another thing.

I have a 2 week old son in the house and left the hospital as soon as possible. My brother-in-law is in quarantine. My other brother-in-law is going to lose or take a massive hit on his company. My dad is already in bad health. Friends are out of work. There's more but it doesn't matter. If I go on I'll sound vacant and more detached than I am. The conversation is best in person.

I care more about what is happening as a result of the virus and what will stay in place after the virus has passed.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
ouch!

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,346 Posts
I wonder when there will be a Covid Aid concert. You know like Live Aid and Farm Aid.

They’ll need a big venue if everyone stands 6 feet apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
12,187 Posts
Didn't a judge (maybe a Canadian )sentence one of the Rolling Stones for a drug violation to do a free rock concert ......

For the deaf???

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
So the local grocery stores have early hours for 75+ seniors, supposed to help somehow. They were jammed up like pigs outside the barn door waiting to get in. I mean really, WTF !?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Tucson has a lot of the olds, usually they are clogging up the streets with their early morning rush hour wanderings but for the last two weeks they've stayed home. Since the college and high school students are sent home a number of groups - sororities mostly, have used social media and walking door to door with flyers offering to go to the store for anyone afraid. I like this idea better than 200 walkers and hover-rounds coughing in the grocery store parking lot. I mean, they have enough trouble with the rampant STD's in these sexy senior retirement villages,...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I mean, they have enough trouble with the rampant STD's in these sexy senior retirement villages,...
If I ever go to one of those (not a chance in hell) I would want to know the rate of STDs.
So I could, you know, pick a fun one. :)

The official order in CA says you can go out and walk, walk the dog, ride your bike around your neighborhood, just keep social distance. Good thing my 'hood is about a 100 mile radius around my place. Excluding where it goes to the ocean, or past the Orange Curtain. I will keep my distance, fly solo, and bring my own hydration and snacks like usual. I think the Rock Inn is doing takeout, maybe I can go there, support them a bit. Gotta ride. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,187 Posts
The stores open early for you old guys, because they realize you old guys are most vunerable to the virus.
Supposedly the store has attempted to disinfect the store to keep you old guys safe.
The store employees need to keep you old guys moving along and break up the usual chin waggin social gatherings in the meat aisle. Do us all favor and just one person go get groceries leave the better half at home. That way you use only mask.
Could be a form of the dreaded Ageism?

·
Administrator
12,120 Posts
If I ever go to one of those (not a chance in hell) I would want to know the rate of STDs.
So I could, you know, pick a fun one. :)

The official order in CA says you can go out and walk, walk the dog, ride your bike around your neighborhood, just keep social distance. Good thing my 'hood is about a 100 mile radius around my place. Excluding where it goes to the ocean, or past the Orange Curtain. I will keep my distance, fly solo, and bring my own hydration and snacks like usual. I think the Rock Inn is doing takeout, maybe I can go there, support them a bit. Gotta ride. ;)
Would that be the Rock Inn by Lake Hughes?

201 - 220 of 369 Posts