Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

181 - 200 of 370 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,216 Posts
The carpooling folks with 5 of them in the car bothers me far more than any bias or social profiling or whatever the buzzword is this year.
WT Actual Fuck are people not understanding?? Cop was right on point.

·
Super Moderator
5,369 Posts
Yeah we've stopped doing our multifamily trips to the woods with dogs in the Transit, previously called the Party Bus, currently called the Petri Bus.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,023 Posts
I tested positive late last week. Actually 90% recovered now (Friday was a low point in terms of breathing). Happy to answer any questions. I understand the anxiety associated with it.
Glad to know that you are recovered!
How old are you?
Any health issues before getting it?
I heard that those two factors are critical to your survival chances.

·
Registered
213 Posts
So when I recoil and avoid bars or restaurants with a parking lot full of HD lowriders with ape hangers this is actually discrimination bias and a moral failing on my part?
I do the same thing and I actually OWN a Harley 😂😂

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,346 Posts
Well fuck be dead. I’m running dangerously low on Girl Scout thin mint cookies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
I added to my post. My point is everyone does it, its just they have different triggers.
I know... we all do it... it was sort of what I was originally trying to say... we're WIRED to do it, because discriminating something dangerous from something not dangerous is pretty important to the basic survival thing.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
^
^^
^^^

Yous are just fugging around with words trying to be fancy, political correctness is a virus too.

The word yous are looking for is PREJUDICE, and really, it's okay to be.

Here, from wiki : In recent years, researchers have argued that the study of prejudice has been traditionally too narrow. It is argued that since prejudice is defined as a negative affect towards members of a group, there are many groups against whom prejudice is acceptable (such as rapists, men who abandon their families, pedophiles, neo-Nazis, drink-drivers, queue jumpers, murderers etc.), yet such prejudices aren't studied. It has been suggested that researchers have focused too much on an evaluative approach to prejudice, rather than a descriptive approach, which looks at the actual psychological mechanisms behind prejudiced attitudes. It is argued that this limits research to targets of prejudice to groups deemed to be receiving unjust treatment, while groups researchers deem treated justly or deservedly of prejudice are overlooked. As a result, the scope of prejudice has begun to expand in research, allowing a more accurate analysis of the relationship between psychological traits and prejudice.[21][22][23][24] Some researchers had advocated looking into understanding prejudice from the perspective of collective values than just as biased psychological mechanism.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad to know that you are recovered!
How old are you?
Any health issues before getting it?
I heard that those two factors are critical to your survival chances.
I'm 49 with no health issues. Reasonably fit - 4-6 hours cardio a week.

I would not have wanted to go into this with asthma or similar.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,023 Posts
I'm 49 with no health issues. Reasonably fit - 4-6 hours cardio a week.

I would not have wanted to go into this with asthma or similar.
It is a coincidence that we are the same age, but I don't do as many cardio hours as you per week.
How long did the whole disease process took since you started with the symptoms till the worst came, and how many since then until you were 90% recovered?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
For fucks sake! My local is closing Friday due to the quaruntine and the fact they are now testing in my area to find out the 10,000 Chinese college students who went back home for Xmas brought something a little extra back.....
And they captured me on the evening news, hashtag "Raging Alko buys overpriced microbrew to go during lock-down"

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,023 Posts
For fucks sake! My local is closing Friday due to the quaruntine and the fact they are now testing in my area to find out the 10,000 Chinese college students who went back home for Xmas brought something a little extra back.....
And they captured me on the evening news, hashtag "Raging Alko buys overpriced microbrew to go during lock-down"

View attachment 981862

View attachment 981863
Look at the bright side: You are now a TV star!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was forced to drink in an out of business bait shop parking lot while keeping a 6 foot distance from my drinking buddies. The only thing we had was Bud Light but in this time of closed bars and soon to be closed liquor stores I couldn't afford to be picky.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,776 Posts
I was forced to drink in an out of business bait shop parking lot while keeping a 6 foot distance from my drinking buddies. The only thing we had was Bud Light but in this time of closed bars and soon to be closed liquor stores I couldn't afford to be picky.
Closed liquor stores? Not going to happen. Even CA and NY have deemed them essential. You don't want to be flooding ERs with alcoholics with withdrawal symptoms.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
You have my sympathy for a lack of beer supply. We are still in business here good spirits in Texas.

Per the virus, I still don't care about it. That sounds ignorant and is not, and I cannot change that I don't care. As normal I'll respect other's needs but on my own I'll do what I like. If you won't shake my hand, I won't shake yours. If you want to talk across the street, I won't walk over to talk to you, etc. It's nice taking a ride through the city with 1/2 or less than the normal traffic.

181 - 200 of 370 Posts