Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Was looking at another tread and thought this might deserve its own. I learned this from my dealer. He was showing a few custom bikes and the first thing I noticed is that those ugly silver stickers were absent? Well, they were under a tape facade.

I detailed my wife's bike see attached pics. You really shouldn't remove some of those stickers, ie: model, serial number, etc. If for no other reason than just simple resale. Take a look at the attached pictures and let me know what you think. I used similiar black tape on the emissions sticker on the black air-box.

Mark

Attachments

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Hi All:

Take a look at the attached pictures and let me know what you think.
Mark
I think that they would look more visible in person, and giving the impression that the tape was covering something up. That's my opinion.

As for the frame stickers, i hardly think they would do much for resale unless the bike itself is considered a true collectible. The stickers can be removed AND replaced in a more inconspicuous area (usually underseat, and on the frame rails) if not placed on a piece of cardboard for future reference.

Yes, the red tape offers an alternative for certain. :)

Take care

·
Registered
263 Posts
I took mine off yesterday. Very easy; didn't even need a hair dryer. Just peeled a corner and slowly pulled off.

All the stickers are under the seat now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I say peel 'em off. I stuck all of mine onto a piece of paper.

I keep the paper with the registration/insurance under the seat, just in case the Po-Po asks questions... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
698 Posts
I say peel 'em off. I stuck all of mine onto a piece of paper.

I keep the paper with the registration/insurance under the seat, just in case the Po-Po asks questions... :rolleyes:
I'm curious to know what the Po-Po would ask?

The VIN # is stamped onto the frame, so that's not an issue.

Noise/EPA emissions? That's stamped onto the stock exhaust system.

Recommended Tire Pressure? Ha!

I think the Po-Po would ask.

License, Registration & Insurance please.

Does the license have a moto endorsement? check.
Does the registration show the correct vehicle description? check
Is the registration current? check
Insurance current? check

I see this topic come up and really wonder what the concern is. :confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm curious to know what the Po-Po would ask?

The VIN # is stamped onto the frame, so that's not an issue.

Noise/EPA emissions? That's stamped onto the stock exhaust system.

Recommended Tire Pressure? Ha!

I think the Po-Po would ask.

License, Registration & Insurance please.

Does the license have a moto endorsement? check.
Does the registration show the correct vehicle description? check
Is the registration current? check
Insurance current? check

I see this topic come up and really wonder what the concern is. :confused:
I wouldn't think there would be any concerns, but you never know, do ya?

Better safe than sorry in my book. Plus, they came with the bike and IMO are cool to save.

I don't see any reason to trash the stickers when it's just as easy to keep them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I wouldn't think there would be any concerns, but you never know, do ya?

Better safe than sorry in my book. Plus, they came with the bike and IMO are cool to save.

I don't see any reason to trash the stickers when it's just as easy to keep them.
I hear that about safe then sorry and it's your bike and you could paint it pink for all I care, I'm just trying to understand the logic/concern there is over removing stickers on the frame of the bike.

With the exception of the VIN all the sticker information can be found on the Owners Manual. Personally, I find the "concern" silly. Tis all. :abduct:

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is absolutely no reason, legal or otherwise, to leave the stickers on the frame--least of all for resale value.

I simply carefully removed them and moved them to the underside of my seat so that they're handy if I do need to refer to them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts