Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
I find it funny that people think they are getting jetted FCR';s when buying carbs from a California cycleworks. Isn't it odd that the same jetting is found in all the new fcr's sold from other vendors as well? lol. The carbs are base line jetted for the application when they are built in Japan, they also mechanically sync them at the same time and 99% of the time they are spot on. This should be a heads up that the jetting may be close but usually can be improved as fuel demands are sledom the same with different bikes.

Rennsport is right on that a pro-mechanic will never trust that any part is good unless they check it themselves. Checking vacuum sync is easy on the fcr's as doing stock carbs, no need to touch a airbox to check sync. IF you happen to be one of the few unlucky ones that does need to adjust a rack of FCR's then you will wish you had pods. The bike needs to be running for sync and that gets fun when you have the battery box and coils mounted to the airbox you need to remove to access the adjusters.

That said I can probably still count on one hand (maybe two) the number of racked FCR's I have had to sync in the last 20 years and I see plenty own a few. It is a rare thing to need to do. I am not sure if is a keihin design thing as my keihin CV carbs almost never go out of sync either yet I have to sync the Mikuni CV carbs often at 7000 mile services.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
the fact the 39 and 41 have the same jetting baffles me. i've run the same pair of 152 mains in 39 on 750 and 900 and 41 on 900 and the mixture variation is quite large.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts