Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't really care what you all thinks any way because I already started, and I've never worked with Fiberglass before but I did surf alot when I lived in Santa Cruz. So I went to Home Depot and they have fiberglass ...coool....

I don't like the Desmo tail its too short and makes the rear end stubby. So with my talent for doing thing my way I'm on my way for huge pain in the ass..

So here it goes....

1) Throw some paper on bike and paint it read to get an idea of what a tail would look like.

Drink alot of beerr...

2) Pour the goopy stuff on paper then put fiberglass on that (found that out from the internet then go into the house and eat lunch and drink more beer and WALLA a Desmo challenge tail has hardened on you bike. Hey, how do I get the goopy stuff off my wheels?

My next step is HOME DEPOT again!!!! They said they will color match the paint with exterior latex variety and I"m DONE.... sure its a little rough but what the hell...

Stay tuned for my completed job, or not...

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
Brawny Desmo Tail & Latex paint- Now that's being creative, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Antigrav you are gaining honorary kiwi status here mate you better be careful. :D

Both Burt Munro and John Britten are with you 110% here, go for it and give it a go :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: that is exactly how both men made their world record setting machinery!!

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Damn grav; you got a winner there!!!! Nicely done!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Looks a little lumpy like my Mom's gravy. You plan to use a roller or brush for the paint? More Beer = better looking.

Keep posting pics, like to see the finished project....:eek:

Sorry, just bustin ya...:D

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
I like the effort, concept, a few hours with some sandpaper and bondo and you should have something unique. I've laid up my own fiberglass belly pan for 750SS race bike when I couldn't find to my liking. Messy stuff and I really pissed off my wife between the smell and using her fabic pattern cutter (10X better than scissors or razor to cut the cloth) :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Monsta I would be honored to be among NZs finest but I'm there in spirit just not in talent....

Well here we go again phase 2!!!!...

I stopped drinking beer and have started smoking pot....:eek: I"m happy with the result so far, or I'm happy because I'm smoking dope.... I've come up with a new idea too!!! I'm going to put a freaking wing on the back of the tail....a freaking wing!!! but here we are to date, no wing yet. I think the wing will make the bike faster and turn better and resemble a JET FIGHTER. Fresh primer on, thanks HOME DEPOT guy....Man I love Hostess cherry pies. Rock on....

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
Looks good!

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Damn grav; that looks freakin suhweeeeet dood!!! Nicely done!!!

And yes; those Hostess pies rock!! :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts