it would be a good idea to have them. What brand
do you use if you have them?
Is anyone running this with just a DP ECU the 2-1
or Cam's ECU I can flash my ECU or do you have to
have a custom tune?
I know a custom tune would be good but i am having
a hard time finding any one in Northern California
that can do it. The closest Ducati Dealer to me is
100 miles away and they do not do dyno work.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've asked this question before, the consensus seems to be you can get away with the DP 2-1 map with a bit of trimming, but it would be better to get a tune. Stacks flow so much more air than the airbox (even with the DP lid) that you're bound to run lean at some point in the rev range.

As for pre-filters, a lot of people use them. I think they're a good idea considering the lack of protection on the Hyper. Outerwears is a common brand that ships with some intake kits.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've asked this question before, the consensus seems to be you can get away with the DP 2-1 map with a bit of trimming, but it would be better to get a tune. Stacks flow so much more air than the airbox (even with the DP lid) that you're bound to run lean at some point in the rev range.
Thanks. I am running the 2-1 map pre stacks and it is rich would the
Cams map be better with stacks as it runs even more fuel then the
2-1? I just ordered filterwares pre-filters same spec's as K&N and
Outerwears but 1/2 the price.

I have the 2-1 Temi want to add the stacks 1st then install the
lightweight flywheel after to see the effect of each one Vs putting
them both on at the same time.

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
991 Posts
Ditto to what Spex said.

As a general rule of thumb, once you begin making changes to an engine, it's going to throw the tune off. In regards to your theory about the current map that may be on the rich side and the velocity stacks evening it out, it's hard to say what the results are going to be until you actually ride it with the new setup. It may run great or may be down right terrible.

I will say though that stacks add a significant amount of increased air flow to the point where if not tuned right, could potentially cause an unsafe lean condition in certain area(s) of the powerband. Speaking of which, without the proper tuning, you may not even be evening seeing half the results you should be getting with those modifications if the bike isn't mapped right.

Even though there's a lot of hassle and expense involved, I would highly recommend locating a dyno tuner and having a custom tune created for your particular bike. While there are generic tunes out there that are close to your setup, there is not one that is tailor fit to your bike without going to a dyno.

Are you a member of BayAreaRidersForum (BARF)? If not, I would join and ask around (including the Nothern Cali region section here) to see if there are any recommended dyno tuners around your area.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ditto to what Spex said.

Are you a member of BayAreaRidersForum (BARF)? If not, I would join and ask around (including the Nothern Cali region section here) to see if there are any recommended dyno tuners around your area.
Thanks for the tip like I said I do want to get a Dyno Tune.
I am just having no luck finding any were to do it I am sure
there is some place. Hard to even find a Ducati on the road
in my area everyone thinks my bike is a Buell or Super Duke.
I will check into BARF and The Nor Cal section here.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Austen thanks again from looking into the regional section here it
looks like there might be a shop in Milpitas about 90 mins away from
me that can do it. Gotta love living in Ca. members here said you
need to remove your plates and truck or trailer the bike and tell
them it is a track bike to get it done. Waiting for there response to
my e-mail.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks. I am running the 2-1 map pre stacks and it is rich would the
Cams map be better with stacks as it runs even more fuel then the
2-1?
That sounds right in theory but I recall reading somewhere here that somebody in DP messed up and the cams map doesn't actually run any more fuel than the 2-1 map (which is why the 2-1 map feels a bit rich and is only a bit of trim away from being okay with stacks). I'm at work now but I'll dig out the post when I get a chance.

UPDATE: Here it is.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds right in theory but I recall reading somewhere here that somebody in DP messed up and the cams map doesn't actually run any more fuel than the 2-1 map (which is why the 2-1 map feels a bit rich and is only a bit of trim away from being okay with stacks). I'm at work now but I'll dig out the post when I get a chance.

UPDATE: Here it is.
I loaded the 2-1 and cams ecu Fuel maps into TurnerPro and the cams
map does flow more fuel but they are close.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts