Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has been sold, but I have a very rare part for sale.
My mate Putney was ever so gracious enough to sell me his spare breather kit for cost. Thanks Ian!
Jerry, from Jerry's World Blog was able to get the last remaining stock. This is from his Blog - "The breather kit came with the Corse Kit and was available for a limited time."
I am selling it for less than I paid, as I mounted it to my bike prior to its sale.
If you are looking for a rare Corse item for your bike, then here it is.
175.00 plus shipping. In us dollars, in case anyone is wondering. I paid 271.00 Canadian for it for comparison. So about 210.00 us.
You can reach me at [email protected] or you can pm me.
The first picture is what it looked like when it arrived. The others are of it mounted to my bike. Email me if you wish to see more.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi Korey,

I'm surprised to learn that you've sold the coveted 749R. Why?
You loved that bike and spent a lot of time searching the world for some of the best that Ducati has to offer.

I've got a 749R tank on my 999R. What is the purpose and benefit of this Corse breather kit?

Thanks
FJ

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike sale.

Hey Jim, how are you? Good I hope.
Long story short is my Son came to live with me full-time. He's 13 and almost 6ft and eats like he's carrying twins. He plays as a goalie in ice hockey(so expensive for gear). And I backed my truck up into a pole taking him to a game, so it was drive my work van everywhere, or sell my bike and buy a new truck. His Mother is not in the picture, so it's just him and I and as I am sure you know, they come first. Toys second...that's as brief as I can say...it was fun while I had it, but priorities change. I sold it to a local guy that has a 1200 Monster, so it went to a good home.
As for the breather kit, I imagine that it's main purpose is for racing, since that is what is was for, to go on a track bike. Given that is was for a Corse racing kit. I am sure jusutus or someone more knowledgeable could explain it? I found my tank leaked gas out around the bolt where the hose screws in, when it got really hot, so I wanted to remedy that. Even though I could have sealed the bolt with silicone. And I just liked how it looked. Like many parts I added, it was less about what it did, than how it looked.
A sale is pending, so I will update the sale, once I know.
Thanks.

Korry

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ya, family comes first Korry. I'm sorry to hear about the struggles in life that are impacting you.
I know how much you loved the bike. Hope you have dibs from the buyer if and when he moves on.

Take care
Jimmy

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...

Ya, family comes first Korry. I'm sorry to hear about the struggles in life that are impacting you.
I know how much you loved the bike. Hope you have dibs from the buyer if and when he moves on.

Take care
Jimmy
Haha, don't be sorry? I appreciate the kind words, it is not as bleak as it apparently sounds, I did not mean it to be a sob story or was looking for sympathy? But thank you all the same. Just a matter of time and priorities. I still have my ZX-7, so it's not like I won't have my fix when I need it.
My Son trains with a goalie coach twice a week and is in 3 separate week long goalie Camps this Summer, plays 3 on 3 in a league on weekends. All in order to get ready for Winter league hockey that runs from October to April. Of which, I coach his team. So I don't have the time like before, when he was just with me 3 days a week. I am happy he moved in, so it's all good. I had a lot of fun riding it and hunting for parts. Made a lot of good friends off this site, but life goes on.
No, I have no desire to get it back and I don't regret selling it. I just want a new truck and between the sale of the bike and the sale of all the spare parts I accrued over the last couple of years, I now have a great downpayment! Besides, the next toy will be a boat or a couple sea-doo's for my Son and I.
Again, thank you for the kind words...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.