Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Bosch cornering ABS was touted extensively on the 1200DVT, there's little mention of it on the 1260. I wonder if it still exists.

Has anyone ever put cornering ABS to use?

·
Registered
36 Posts
...if it still exists.

Has anyone ever put cornering ABS to use?

Yes, and yes. Unfortunately I ended up exceeding the limits of it on my (departed from this world) 1200. Wasn’t concentrating and entered a slow corner unprepared and way too fast. I thought, “now is my chance to really test it!”, and in the slow motion replay, I could feel it working through the front brake lever. My impression was that it gave me enough time to decide on the best option so that while Multi was totalled, I walked away with basically only hurt pride (and “mild” concussion which probably explains why I ended up jumping on the back of another guys bike and continuing on our way to the destination pub to drown my sorrows!).

It works a treat in normal “spirited” riding as well; you can hit the front brakes way harder than normal with confidence that its not going to spit you off!

ps. To really test your confidence (in Ducati electronic aids) try riding into a slow-ish corner with the cruise control on and just let it do its stuff - you’ll be surprised about how it will slow the bike down and accelerate out of the corner. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curently riding
2012 Aprilia RS125 - simple fun
2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S - serious fun
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S - fun fun

Kent

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, and yes. Unfortunately I ended up exceeding the limits of it on my (departed from this world) 1200. Wasn’t concentrating and entered a slow corner unprepared and way too fast. I thought, “now is my chance to really test it!”, and in the slow motion replay, I could feel it working through the front brake lever. My impression was that it gave me enough time to decide on the best option so that while Multi was totalled, I walked away with basically only hurt pride (and “mild” concussion which probably explains why I ended up jumping on the back of another guys bike and continuing on our way to the destination pub to drown my sorrows!).

It works a treat in normal “spirited” riding as well; you can hit the front brakes way harder than normal with confidence that its not going to spit you off!

ps. To really test your confidence (in Ducati electronic aids) try riding into a slow-ish corner with the cruise control on and just let it do its stuff - you’ll be surprised about how it will slow the bike down and accelerate out of the corner. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curently riding
2012 Aprilia RS125 - simple fun
2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S - serious fun
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S - fun fun

Kent
The cruise control on my wife Audi Q7 does that, I've never known that the same thing work on my 2016 PP!! I'm not sure I can test it the same way lol..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I managed to make the ABS intervene yesterday.....hard right hander hard on the brakes all the way to full lean. Just as I'm about to let off the brake and drive out of the corner the lever goes soft but the brakes are still working. I let off the brake and roll on the throttle, but it was certainly unexpected and weird. I'm thinking I'll drop a number or two on the ABS setting cause I'm not really wanting it to do anything on a dry road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts