Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cored out my 749 exhaust. originally weighed 18.5 pounds, now weighs 15 pounds. If anyone wants there exhaust cored, my friend where I work wants to start doing them. He is a aircraft certified welder. He will charge $600.00 to do them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
from the pics that looks like it just a hollowed out shell.!??

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Your supposed to use perforated pipe through the center and repack with wire wool. That looks like it`ll` bang like a drum. I think you will have to open it up again and weld perforated pipe between the inlet and outlet and pack with wire wool before welding back together. Other than that it looks quite neat.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a plate about three inches from the inlet, where the original internals were, then behind the plate it has about six inches of drilled holes, a butt load of them. Then stainless steel was wrapped around it; then packed with fiberglass.. I should have taken pictures. It was copied from one of the members on this site. Sounds really nice.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I can see what you have done now. Different but as long as it works.

·
Registered
88 Posts
what do you plan to do to retune?

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
That is a good question??? I'm hoping I dont have to do anything.. I have just ridden it once since I've modified, and it ran like before, just louder. I would like to say a little better, but that might be just because it was louder as i shifted through the gears. I should check my plugs I guess after a few more rides. I have not removed the cat from the mid pipe and dont know if I need to??? More testing required I guess/suppose?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
That is a good question??? I'm hoping I dont have to do anything.. I have just ridden it once since I've modified, and it ran like before, just louder. I would like to say a little better, but that might be just because it was louder as i shifted through the gears. I should check my plugs I guess after a few more rides. I have not removed the cat from the mid pipe and dont know if I need to??? More testing required I guess/suppose?
I have 2 de-catted factory midpipes if you end up wanting one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 2 de-catted factory midpipes if you end up wanting one.
Thanks for the offer. Will end up doin myself if need B. Did about 40 miles after work. I must say, for the first time since i built her, she really sounds alive. I am really impressed, it really made the motor come alive. And not even over bearing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts