Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would have been covered already, but I searched and couldn't find any threads.

Any opinions on one vs the other?

Thanks,

ape

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a Sargent on my Concours and it was fine but I have the Canyon Close Corbin on my ST2 and love it! I would highly recommend it. I purchased the regular seat by Corbin and it came in and moved the driver seating position back 4 inches or so and made the seating position very uncomfortable. I contacted them about a refund or something (I couldn't ride with it on for more then 30 min without major shoulder and back pain). They ended up exchanging the seat and sent me the close version which puts the seating position in almost the exact same place as stock but with a firmer seat and more support. I love it and would highly recommend the seat and them as a company.

·
Registered
259 Posts
There are a ton of seat related threads Caleb, check again. The quick summary is that most people seem to like the Sargent best but there are a number of fans of the Corbin seat as well. Really comes down to personal choice. Find the threads and they will give you a breakdown on the differences.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There are a ton of seat related threads Caleb, check again. The quick summary is that most people seem to like the Sargent best but there are a number of fans of the Corbin seat as well. Really comes down to personal choice. Find the threads and they will give you a breakdown on the differences.
I didn't say there wasn't it was Ape that said he couldn't find other threads. I have read a number of the others and would be curious to try a sargent but love my Corbin close :).

Ape Good luck in your quest for a happier rear end.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Big fan of my Sargent seat. First thing i did when I winterized the bike last week was to take the seat inside, where I'll treat it with the 303 Protectant they recommend.

Ron

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys. Not sure why I didn't find those threads. I tried the Search pulldown in the grey bar this time, and it worked. Oh well.

Caleb, what are your dimensions, if you don't mind me asking.

Will, is your Corbin the close or the regular?

Thx,

ape

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Thanks, guys. Not sure why I didn't find those threads. I tried the Search pulldown in the grey bar this time, and it worked. Oh well.

Caleb, what are your dimensions, if you don't mind me asking.

Will, is your Corbin the close or the regular?

Thx,

ape
Regular. I can send you a pic if you wish, just let me know..

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Could be from misspelling "sargent". They spell funny. ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Apehair,
I have them both,and was switching back and forth for about 2 weeks trying to decide and then one day just realized the sargent never came off as I forgot it was there, all week comfort for me.
the hooks on sargent are nice to have and the storage container also handy and it is far lighter than the corbin.
I am 6'2' 230 with gear and a 34" inseam and find the shape and firmness of the corbin feels much lower than it appears and that the shape and material are easier to hang off of stan the sargent.
What was said about the distance of the corbin close and reg I can relate to because there is alot of room to slide forward and back.
that reminds me, I will have to bench test the new leathers with the new leathers, maybethat will change
P.S. now that I think about it,I have not even used the corbin this year at all as the twisties around here are few and far between.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've had both, and I much prefer the Corbin.
the Sargent is finished very nicely, and is much lighter, but I just didn't fit the shape of the saddle. I sold it to a friend (thinner, taller) and he likes it a lot.

I now have the Ducati Performance saddle, which I like.

All about the same price, retail.

Cheers,

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a Sargent on my Concours and it was fine but I have the Canyon Close Corbin on my ST2 and love it! I would highly recommend it. I purchased the regular seat by Corbin and it came in and moved the driver seating position back 4 inches or so and made the seating position very uncomfortable. I contacted them about a refund or something (I couldn't ride with it on for more then 30 min without major shoulder and back pain). They ended up exchanging the seat and sent me the close version which puts the seating position in almost the exact same place as stock but with a firmer seat and more support. I love it and would highly recommend the seat and them as a company.
Have to agree here. I've had versions and now have settled on the Canyon Close by Corbin. I found the stock seat (2004+) pretty decent, but the Canyon Close is by far the best choice if you're taking a passenger. The extra room, the raised lip that prevents sliding forward and the optional backrest are design features you don't want to give up once you've tried them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think as you can see, like many things, it depends on the rider - or in this case his/her ass. I've never tried a Sargeant seat but I've had a Corbin seat on a couple of bikes - a Honda ST1100 and currently my ST3. In both cases I had the original seat which I preferred over the Corbins. I could never get comfortable with the Corbin seat on the ST1100 and stopped using it. On my ST3 I have the DP seat which I use when riding solo, but use the Corbin when riding two up, only because it has a backrest which my wife prefers. The Corbin is also very heavy.
I've also heard that Corbin customer service leaves a lot to be desired, and Sergeant is easier to work with. I did contact Corbin once about the ST1100 seat not being comfortable for me and they just told me to just use it, that's the way the seat is. I didn't purchase the seat from them, it came with the bike.
And that's my for what it's worth.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think as you can see, like many things, it depends on the rider - or in this case his/her ass. I've never tried a Sargeant seat but I've had a Corbin seat on a couple of bikes - a Honda ST1100 and currently my ST3. In both cases I had the original seat which I preferred over the Corbins. I could never get comfortable with the Corbin seat on the ST1100 and stopped using it. On my ST3 I have the DP seat which I use when riding solo, but use the Corbin when riding two up, only because it has a backrest which my wife prefers. The Corbin is also very heavy.
I've also heard that Corbin customer service leaves a lot to be desired, and Sergeant is easier to work with. I did contact Corbin once about the ST1100 seat not being comfortable for me and they just told me to just use it, that's the way the seat is. I didn't purchase the seat from them, it came with the bike.
And that's my for what it's worth.
My experience with Corbin customer service has been some of the best of any company I have every dealt with. I had a seat I didn't like (the regular) for 2k miles and they allowed me to do an even exchange for a brand new seat (close) for free. It still all comes down to preference. I'm not sure where your located but perhaps the best idea is to find a couple ST guys near you who have both and sit on their bike or borrow their seats for a ride and see for yourself which you prefer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Corbin seat I have on my ST3 is the worst seat I have ever had! Its way to hard for me. I wish I had done a little more research before I bought it. The stock seat is much more comfortable for me. The Corbin is very good looking and unfortunately that is what sold me on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts