Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not particularly thrilled with the stock seat. I looked into Sargent, but they just rebuild the seat, so then I looked at Corbin. I like how customizable they are, but I'm not sure how they are comfort wise. Has anyone here tried one? If it matters in have an 18 1260.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I had one on my monster, just like riding on a 2x6, did not like it at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have one on my DVT and love it. I got the heated option and the wife is happier these days on the colder rides.

Would buy again.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I have one on my DVT and love it. I got the heated option and the wife is happier these days on the colder rides.

Would buy again.
Does this mean you have the OEM seat to lend (or rent) while Sargent builds mine up?

That's my only hang up as a daily commuter. I'd hate to be stuck in the SUV for three weeks.

The shape of the stock seat sucks for commuting. Nice and narrow for trails or moving around a lot. Was very happy with Sargent on the FZ1. Wide and flat and firm. Put on a pair of padded bike shorts for long hauls.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Corbin seats have to break in to your butt . Corbin will tell you it takes about 1000 miles, but I’ll tell you it takes longer. They are quite an improvement for spending long hours riding, when the foam in other seats lose the ability to support and cushion. The foam is firm. My biggest complaint is the weight. If you’re talking about touring or camping with the bike you’re already top heavy. The last thing you need is adding more weight up high.

Reactions: mollycbr123

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a long break in process. I have heard they are heavy. Not too concerned with that. I never much liked firm seats. Thanks for the info guys.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Corbin seats have to break in to your butt . Corbin will tell you it takes about 1000 miles, but I’ll tell you it takes longer. They are quite an improvement for spending long hours riding, when the foam in other seats lose the ability to support and cushion. The foam is firm. My biggest complaint is the weight. If you’re talking about touring or camping with the bike you’re already top heavy. The last thing you need is adding more weight up high.
Plus, I've never had one that I didn't have to fiddle with the mountings to make it fit right. They've always seemed to be just a hair off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts