Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have an '08 1100S with the DP Performance seat. Nice seat for quick jaunts around town, but not so good for longer rides. (Yup, seats are very personal so everyone will have an opinion.) Because I have the termignoni full exhuast I thought the Corbin was not an option for me. While investigating a Corbin seat for a different bike, I spoke with Aaron Leclerc, Freedom Cycle's internet sales guy who loves Corbins. I sent Aaron pics of my hyper and the exhuast, he consulted with Corbin and found the Corbin seat will indeed work with my bike. Turns out the Corbins are not compatible with SOME TERMI exhausts, but not all. So now it appears I have several choices. The Sargent seat is good looking but, like the stock seat, it has a definate "ridge" between the forward portion of the seat and the "passenger" portion. I find that on longer rides I push up against that ridge a lot just cause I'm trying to change my seating position. The Corbin seat has a much smoother plane that should allow me to choose where I want to sit. Both the Corbin and Sargent are wider and firmer than the stock seat. Both seats are pricey, $360-$425, the DP Comfort seat is less expensive. I love this bike and plan on keeping it! Anyone out there have any experience with the Corbin on a hyper?

BTW, if you're interested in having Aaron find out if a Corbin seat will work for you, he can be reached at [email protected].

Thanks!
Pat

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
thats what i did..reshaped and dished seating area..and also added a gel pad from a moutain bike seat cover...comfy as hell...did 600 miles a day for 4 days and no soreness whatsoever...covered it in carbon vinyl and added some ducati patches as well..but needs a redo since my crash...:mad: also included some pix of other seats ive done on my other toys...

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Corbin vs. Sargent

I currently have the Corbin on my Hyper. I just took off the Sargent.
I currently have both and have been able to swap back and forth.

I am 6'4" and about 230lbs.

Sargent: takes all pressure off of your tailbone and seem to put it on the back of the thighs. Locks you into a forward position with no movement possible. Looks great on the bike.

Corbin: Very well made. On/off with the turn of a key. Heavier that any other I have tried. Broad and flat, allowing you to move around anywhere you want. Not as attractive as the Sargent on the bike

Both are very comfortable and much, much better than the POS stock one.
I think at this point, I am leaning towards the Corbin, but will put the Sargent back on a few more times to be sure.

P.S. I am also researching the Russell "All Long" seat

http://www.day-long.com/

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you are looking for ultimate comfort, nothing can touch having a custom seat done like that Russell. We all sit a little bit differently and a mass produced seat just can't compare to a custom seat tailored to you.

My Hyper came with the dp performance seat and I'm not impressed with it. I put the Sargent on my last two bikes and liked it, but this time I have resisted going that way. Ideally, I would turn this bike into purely a track day or mountain rides bike and add a new Multi to the stable for the long rides. I test rode one a couple of weeks ago and it was really impressive. Just enough comfort and power to bring big smiles but without all the pork and size of the currently favored "sport touring" mounts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you searched through these forums?

I posted a link on how to customize your own seat for $mice nuts and get it to fit exactly whilst keeping the bike stock.
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/92-hypermotard/110707-customizing-your-stock-seat.html
Yes thanks! I've looked at the posts on modifying your seat. My hyper came with a DP Performance Seat which is great for dashing around town but when I do longer rides I'm not comfortable. Between the narrow seat, hard ridge on the back, and it pushing me forward (which causes my hands to tingle & go numb from pushing back) it's just not working for me on long rides.

I thought about buying a used stock seat and modfiying it...guess I'd just as soon let "the pros" build one for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I currently have the Corbin on my Hyper. I just took off the Sargent.
I currently have both and have been able to swap back and forth.

I am 6'4" and about 230lbs.

Sargent: takes all pressure off of your tailbone and seem to put it on the back of the thighs. Locks you into a forward position with no movement possible. Looks great on the bike.

Corbin: Very well made. On/off with the turn of a key. Heavier that any other I have tried. Broad and flat, allowing you to move around anywhere you want. Not as attractive as the Sargent on the bike

Both are very comfortable and much, much better than the POS stock one.
I think at this point, I am leaning towards the Corbin, but will put the Sargent back on a few more times to be sure.

P.S. I am also researching the Russell "All Long" seat

Custom Motorcycle Seats and Touring Saddles - "Day-Long" Touring Saddles and Motorcycle Seats by Russell Cycle Products
Very cool! This is the feedback I was looking for. I have not ridden either seat but I agree, the Sargent is a good looking seat. The DP race seat on my bike has a custom black/red cover...apparently the front of the seat was wearing through and DP would not warranty it so the shop had it recovered prior to my buying the bike. It's a sharp looking seat though! I was considering ordering the Cobin with black leather on the top, red vinyl on the sides, and the Italian emblem embroidered on the side. Doesn't cost anymore than plain black and might dress it up a bit.

I talked to a guy in Atlanta who had a Corbin on his hyper before he sold it and he also like the Corbin.

I never heard of the Russell All Day seats. I'll check that out too! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts