Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I did a search on the forum, the search engine isn't too specific, but I didn't end up with manageable posts, and then I looked back several pages of current posts and didn't find anything on the Corbin Diavel seat. That being said, does anyone have the Corbin seat and thoughts about it? Or direct me to a prior thread with reviews, I admit that I'm tech challenged, so don't yell! My main inquiry is to find a more comfortable seat that doesn't diminish the feel and style of the Diavel. (BTW I have a Carbon Red)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard, I'm also interested in hearing from anyone who has bought the seat and their impressions over the stock seat.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Corbin Seat Pics

Sorry for the delay in getting Pics back, i have been busy, and its really hot down here, here are some pics on my new Corbin on my Diavel Carbon! I only rode it locally, too hot to get some serious riding done, roads are too hot and oily, the real test will be end of Sept or October when I take her to the twisted sisters in the hill country, but first impressions are! finally a seat that does not pinch the hell out of you! it's comfortable, very comfortable, easy to slide a half cheek over when your laying her down into a curve, also the seat puts you approx 1-1.5" further back on the bike, like I said i haven't pushed her real hard in the curves, but she seems more stable and easier to handle coming into the curve and definitely feels better rolling on the gas coming out of the Apex! but the twisted sisters will tell the tale!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I see you have the DP rear bags on there.
Another forum member on diavel-forum said that the DP rear bags won't fit with the corbin seat. Did you have any issues or do any modifications with the DP rear bags (The side bags) to fit?

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Yes this is the Ducati rear bag! The Corbin seat it a super tight fit! The seat pin where it goes into the stock locking receiver seems to be off by a 1/4" further back! The first time I tried to put the seat on! I was kinda freKing out! I thought Corbin set the seat pin too far back and I couldn't get the seat on the bike! But after further inspection I took a rubber handle mallet and used the rubber handle and wedged between the passenger grab rail behind the seat and pushed the seat forward toward the tank and it slipped into the locking receiver! It makes the seat fit tight and correct up against the tank!
Now to answer your question! the tab from the day bag that goes through the seat pin to secure the bag seemed short! due to the rear frame of the seat is a little wider than stock seat! But it just took a little time to fit the slip cover on the bag to the rear of seat and everything fell in place! As you can see The seat and bag has a very good fit! Also there is no slack or play in the seat or bag! Took her out yesterday afternoon when it cooled off a little bit! Ran her up to 150+ a few times! EVerything is still tight and secure! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
83 Posts
the DP tailbag is a tight fit anyways on the ducati seat, hard to get on, so sounds about the same I think. :)

I put them on the stock seat, and just use the touring seat 90%, and swap seats when I need to carry stuff with me on this bike.

how heavy is the corbin?

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I would say 2 maybe 3 lbs! Has a fiberglass base instead of plastic like DP Touring seat! But it's like riding a totally different bike! Comfort and handling! Putting you back 1-1.5" further on the bike makes her ride & handle better to me! And not being pinched is awesome! I pushed her a little harder in some curves yesterday afternoon, and it seems like I can still come into the curve alot hotter and come out easier? Maybe just me but it seems I'm far from limit! These are curves on the back roads I have been riding for yrs! The roads are still too hot and slick for me to get totally out there! Also made some changes to suspension, im going to start another thread on it!
Got up early this morning to try and get some time before roads heated up too much! And I'll be damned the love bugs came out of nowhere! Couldn't see after 5 min! Turned around cleaned up helmet/shield and bike! Oh well I guess it's the first signs summer is cominig to a close!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I would say 2 maybe 3 lbs! Has a fiberglass base instead of plastic like DP Touring seat! But it's like riding a totally different bike! Comfort and handling! Putting you back 1-1.5" further on the bike makes her ride & handle better to me! And not being pinched is awesome! I pushed her a little harder in some curves yesterday afternoon, and it seems like I can still come into the curve alot hotter and come out easier? Maybe just me but it seems I'm far from limit! These are curves on the back roads I have been riding for yrs! The roads are still too hot and slick for me to get totally out there! Also made some changes to suspension, im going to start another thread on it!
Got up early this morning to try and get some time before roads heated up too much! And I'll be damned the love bugs came out of nowhere! Couldn't see after 5 min! Turned around cleaned up helmet/shield and bike! Oh well I guess it's the first signs summer is cominig to a close!
sorry outlaw I meant 2-3lbs heavier than touring DP seat!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes this is the Ducati rear bag! The Corbin seat it a super tight fit! The seat pin where it goes into the stock locking receiver seems to be off by a 1/4" further back! The first time I tried to put the seat on! I was kinda freKing out! I thought Corbin set the seat pin too far back and I couldn't get the seat on the bike! But after further inspection I took a rubber handle mallet and used the rubber handle and wedged between the passenger grab rail behind the seat and pushed the seat forward toward the tank and it slipped into the locking receiver! It makes the seat fit tight and correct up against the tank!
Now to answer your question! the tab from the day bag that goes through the seat pin to secure the bag seemed short! due to the rear frame of the seat is a little wider than stock seat! But it just took a little time to fit the slip cover on the bag to the rear of seat and everything fell in place! As you can see The seat and bag has a very good fit! Also there is no slack or play in the seat or bag! Took her out yesterday afternoon when it cooled off a little bit! Ran her up to 150+ a few times! EVerything is still tight and secure! Hope this helps!

I had the same issue on fitment. Had to knock the seat in with a mallet. But then the seat is nearly impossible to remove because the plunger lodges into the chassis. Have you found a way to release the seat with resorting to the mallet method?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts