Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
It seems clever enough. Very simple. I'd ask for a retention strap or retention pin adapter. I've got pretty bad luck when it comes to anything really. The posts below on YT show that shipping to the U.S. is bout 65 Euros. Great idea though, I foresee him making quite a bit of money on this little invention.
:cool:

-Chris

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Ahh, yeah.

The 65 Euro price is for the caster adapters. The price for the stand itself is 359 Euro. About $540, plus another $100 for the casters. That's quite a bit of coin! Clever, though...

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
It is cool as it is, but I'd like to see a U.S. version that ratchets up in small increments, not just full height. Price point is steep, but matches the build quality as shown.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Oh come on guys, just when I am almost done welding up a rear stand for the 999 you post this and totally make me, well have another project to consider. That is excellent work and I agree a little more height adjustment might be better. How about an electric jack screw in the center, infinite adjustment, more money though. Do want one, no actually two. I must stop coming to this forum, it saves me time and makes more work; oh well break even I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Banned
3,890 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Have you seen my garage LOL? I wouldn't swing a 5 pound monkey from the roof...it's a 50 year old POS that my landlord has promised me since I moved in he would be replacing. Yah right LOL.

Besides, I can think of dozens of uses for this stand, and sell my Ducati stands:)

Why can't you just hang the bike from the ceiling with ropes or straps? I do that all the time.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Have you seen my garage LOL? I wouldn't swing a 5 pound monkey from the roof...it's a 50 year old POS that my landlord has promised me since I moved in he would be replacing. Yah right LOL.

Besides, I can think of dozens of uses for this stand, and sell my Ducati stands:)
OK, what I do is take a tall step ladder, like a 7 footer. Put the bike under the ladder and hang it from the top step. I use the tie down straps with the ratchets. Works great but I have to secure the other end of the bike also or it wobbles around too much. Where there is a will, there is a way.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
It is cool as it is, but I'd like to see a U.S. version that ratchets up in small increments, not just full height. Price point is steep, but matches the build quality as shown.

Credit for the inventor, but don't forget that everything in Europe has a price premium for equivalent or less value than for things in the USA. Then you have the weak dollar...

taxes, taxes

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
Why can't you just hang the bike from the ceiling with ropes or straps? I do that all the time.
No rafters in my garage, nor most European garages.

I can do that at work, though.

Also nice as I can pull both wheels on the 999, and use the normal stands to pull the wheels on another bike.

Tom

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Credit for the inventor, but don't forget that everything in Europe has a price premium for equivalent or less value than for things in the USA. Then you have the weak dollar...

taxes, taxes
Totally agree with you on that, that guy is my kind of genious! The exchange rate is why I want to see a US version, made here, priced for here. :yeah:

·
Banned
3,890 Posts

taxes, taxes
Oh, just have it made in China and it will be 1/4 the price, or less.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Do want. If you look at the cost of buying a front and rear stand from a reputable source you are looking at $300+ for the set then add in the safety of one man operation compared to a single rear stock stand and the price is looking pretty good. :think:

I just sent that video to pitbull:p

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
That is very cool...would make moving bikes around in the shop much easier. Does it put stress on the frame though? All that weight hanging from two points in the center of the bike on what looks to be a pair of short tubes?

I'm always moving this stuff around. But if someone makes them in China I'm not buying them. Just saying...:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts