Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are up on Angeles Crest this morning. Stop on the side of the road for a break. My buddies 1099 falls over, breaking the left bar in half. Called AAA, waiting for tow truck. I start looking around and spot some metal beam guard rail on the side of the road. The bolts holding the MBGR to the posts are relatively same length and diameter as the handlebar. So I borrow one bolt, two nuts and a washer. Found some fiberglass pieces on the side of the road to use as shim stock and voila, instabar. Created with a little ingenuity and the tool pack which came stock on the Hyper. MacGyver lives!!!!

I am thinking about marketing them as aftermarket bars under the brand name BOLTS

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Outstanding! That's the kind of craftsmanship that made America great.

Some times it seems we've forgotten how to fix anything, does my heart good to see stuff like this.

I'm sure this will horrify some riders, I think it's great.

Next time I'm on the left coast I'd be honored to ride with you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know next time you are in SoCal and you are welcome. My buddy rode 90 miles home with his "bolt bar", no problems. Cruised 80 on the freeway in complete comfort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's simply an amazing story. Lol I can honestly say I would not of thought to do that, then again I suppose you guys had some time to kill waiting for the abomination known as AAA. Kewl story and good pictures.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This and the vice grip shifter are about the coolest things I've ever seen. Just to plant the seed in someone's head, I bet you could mold some kick ass parts out of the jb weld clay stick.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've done the vice grip on the shifter a few times for myself and a few more for other riders. Best Magiver i ever did was on a trip to Calaveras County Frog jumps ...5 of us where hauling ass on a curvy rode..in the dark....when the character on my inside ran out of talent and ran me off the road in the woods. Front forks were bent. What to do?

We took off the forks......set them level {tubes} between two big rocks....and BEAT those bitches back as staright as we could. Bike handled a bit weird for the rest of that trip...but .....:think:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts