Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stripping down the cooling system for a good clean. Looking at the state of the Jubilee clips I decided to replace them (12 in all) I selected Stainless Steel and 35 mm for the lager hoses and 30 for the smaller.
I tightened them until the clip did not move then a half turn. At about 100 deg coolant pissed out of a lot of places.

How tight do they have to be?

Is there a particular style of clip needed?

I put the clips around 10mm back from the end

·
Mr Leakered
8,811 Posts
On rubber, you can crank down pretty tight. On silicone, I tighten until the clamp feels flush with the surrounding hose. Never a leak or damage here.

Silicone does require special clamps that won't cut in.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow up. I ran the bike up to temperature again and just kept cranking the jubilee's until they felt very firm. Some of the joints are rubber on rubber so I did not go crazy but rubber to metal I really wangled them until they went no further. I forgot that at 100+ these lines would be close to steam and generating a fair bit of pressure

·
Registered
166 Posts
Was there any corrosion or residue where you pushed the hoses back on? And are the insides of the hoses all ok? If the mating surfaces are not clean and in good condition it almost doesn't matter how tight or what type the clips are....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts