Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there supposed to be a hose connected to the coolant resevoir on the left side? There is a nipple for one. It's just for overflow right? It starts shooting out about 160 degrees. I think I have a bubble somewhere. How do I get it out?

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
Is there supposed to be a hose connected to the coolant resevoir on the left side? There is a nipple for one. It's just for overflow right? It starts shooting out about 160 degrees. I think I have a bubble somewhere. How do I get it out?
Is your coolant radiator full? For suzuki's, they always told us to let it idle, fill as necesary, and at some point *VERY CAREFULLY* lean the bike far to the left to get out the last air bubbles. Also, while bike is idling (and not too hot) grab the coolant hoses on the left side of the bike and slowly squeeze them, getting out more air bubbles. This is with the reservoir cap off the radiator.

So far, it's worked for me.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
There is (should be) a hose from the top reservoir to the overflow tank which sits lower down between the cylinders.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DukeDesmo...oh...I think I pulled that when I did the evap removal...

IIRC the overflow was the translucent white bottle in the middle of the frame/subframe juncture?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh shit! i guess i need that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts