Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can help me with this. My 06 st3 leaks a litle coolant out of the radiator hose connections during morning warm up. After initial warm up it is fine for the rest of the day. All the clamps are tight etc. My temp stays in the normal range. I replaced the lower rad. hose thinking a new one would help. I searched the site looking for similar problems. I came across afew on bleeding the system. Is it possible there is air in the system and when the bike is warming up the air compresses creating high pressure on the radiator side of the thermostat. If that's the case wouldn't the air flush around to the radiator after some miles? Also. The first time it happened quite a bit puked out (14" circle). It seems to get less every time I ride it. Down to a 6" circle. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Coolant leak

Had a similar problem with my MY05 ST3. Leaked mostly in the winter when temps were cold, not a big leak but a few drops a day. Tried tightening then replacing hose clamps with wider ones, then doubling up on clamps. Still never completely got rid of the leak. What finally worked was to use some sealant on the hose connections to the radiator. It seems that the hose inside diameter is slightly larger than the radiator connection so maybe the hose was getting a slight wrinkle in it when tightened down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts