Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Ducati coolant, part #90130012B the same as AGIP Permanent Spezial? It appears ot be base don some threads on the UK forum about a coolant recall for pre-2013 models.

I have a 2014 Multi, want to be sure I get the right coolant in there, but don't want to pay double for it if not necessary.

$7.16/L at https://www.sloansfastandcheap.com/product/30771/agip-permanent-spezial Which also happens to be close to me

The Ducati part is ~$15+/L

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
735 Posts
FWIW.....been running Peak coolant for years. If you research 'coolant', there's no reason to run anything that cost that much vs ..... The key is being 'spec'ed' for aluminum engines. Some will disagree with me, but.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Diavel forums refer to using Toyota super long life coolant as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been using VW/Audi G13 without any problems. My S4R actually runs just a few degrees lower with the VAG coolant. My opinion is that any modern coolant that has silicate additives that have healing effect on aluminium will be suitable. Just make sure thoroughly flush the radiator and all the passages in engine with water before you switch to new coolant and then mix the new coolant with either distilled or deionized water so no minerals are introduced to the system.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
After having to have both cylinders replaced on the '10's engine due to anti freeze erosion, I've used only the Duc specified AGIP coolant in the '12. I only change the coolant every couple of years, if that, so not too worried about the cost. After the incredible hassle I had getting the other bike's engine rebuilt, I'd rather just toe the line.

·
Registered
159 Posts
FWIW.....been running Peak coolant for years. If you research 'coolant', there's no reason to run anything that cost that much vs ..... The key is being 'spec'ed' for aluminum engines. Some will disagree with me, but.....
The reason is to stay in compliance with Ducati's recommendation. In 2010 there was a recall to change to the coolant the OP is asking about.

It is unlikely you will run into issues due to your choice of coolant, but IMO you have chosen a strange way to save money every 15,000 miles. Why do you think Peak sells several different formulas of coolant at different price levels, all for aluminum engines?

I have researched coolant.
ENI Bike S in the Multistrada 1200.
Peak Global in the Suzuki motorcycle and Korean made Genesis.
Toyota coolant from dealership for Toyota (Same price as Peak Global).
Will find something different for my new (to me) GM car.

I guess I'm not allowed to talk about what brand of oil I use in this thread... :wink2:

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm not trying to save $$$. It's about the specs it meets. I was running KTM coolant, simply because there's a dealer here (nearest Ducati dealer is 300 miles), but when I did my 75,000 mile service, they were out. So, I researched coolant and....

Oil, now, is a totally different topic! After having numerous UOA's done, on 5 different oils, I've used Amsoil the last 3 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts