Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a must have tool. It makes getting repeatable accurate reading sooooo easy all by yourself. I should have gotten one of these decades ago!

I got Dave Moss videos running on the lap top and spending all day in the garage playing motorcycle set up expert. :) what else is there to do during solitary confinement? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Official Retired Person
7,514 Posts
How does it work & is it better than a zip tie?

Reactions: 2004 999s

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
I like it! Last time i measured sag by myself I set up the tripod and camera and fastened a tape measure to the forks and make a video of the settings. Pain the the rear end!

·
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A zip tie works great for measuring total travel used on the front end after a ride and for holding wires and stuff in place. It doesn’t work worth crap on the back for anything.

I’m posting Dave’s video here so you can get the general idea but he’s either using an old version or didn’t RTFM.

The version I got has the remote display so you can see it easily when strapped to the bars when sitting on the bike in your normal body position.

The new version also auto-zeros. Hook it up as shown, put it in auto-zero mode and lift up on the end you’re measuring. It sets zero when the suspension is fully extended. Release the bike and you see static sag. Then sit on the bike and you get total sag. No math needed.

Awesome!

·
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oops, wrong video. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
DuckMan - If my wife asks me about the Slacker I just ordered - I am blaming you.

Thanks for the post though - sag is one of the things I have so wanted to be able to check by myself in the garage and this device looks to solve that poblem forever. And since we in pugetopolis are in 'shelter-in-place' orders (though we can go put gas in the vehicle nad do some shopping...) I need stuff to do in the garage on the Multi.

·
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You’ll love it! :)

Here’s a tip. If you have adjustable damping back it all off to zero, full soft. It makes getting repeatable accurate reading easier. Just take notes if where your original settings were.

·
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At the next ECM I’ll have a suspension setup tent. I’ll set up your suspension for a six pack of beer. :)

·
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Mike...what's that Solo2 gizmo you have on your handlebar?
That’s a gps based lap timer.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
I see...a lap timer. I guess I don't need one of those on my ST. ?

·
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You never know. :)

It can also tell you your lean angles, acceleration and braking G’s, speed and all kinds of other fun stuff. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts