Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I actually met an organizer for that group at a bar a few weeks back...and he was totally decked as the typical standard Harley rider...but had such not the typical attitude...he was like...come ride...all bikes welcome...anytime....gave me his contact info and I was really impressed by how cool he was!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am currently proudly serving in Iraq. I have been hit by IED's and we just lost four guys to an IED a few days ago, so this is a very sensitive topic to me. I can tell you that we all appreciate any support that is given to anyone over here just doing our jobs. We don't do it for the recognition or the attention, we just do it because we know it is the right thing to do. When I hear about groups that protest the war it always bothers me, but to hear about groups that protest at Soldiers funerals is beyond words.

Thanks for posting a message about the support, no surprise to me that it comes from the motorcycle community.

MAJ Mike Swinford
101st Airborne Division (AASLT)
Kirkuk, Iraq

·
Super Moderator
8,248 Posts
I´ll echo the police detective.
"No one deserves that"

These "Patriot Guard" guys have the heart in the right spot. Good for them. As for the protestors.. well.. Maybe they should re-think there position.

//amullo
European in support of the USM efforts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You know, being 23 I may have a skewed perception of the war because I more than likely dont understand all of the political ramifacations and positions on the war. That said, I do know that I feel strongly about the right to give people who are not strong enough to defend themselves the opportunity to live a life free of tyrany and repression. I also feel that the US is a great country, made great by the people who live here strongly supporting their ideals. I recognize the right of people to have their opinions, and to voice their opinions. What I dont understand is the lack of respect that people show for people who have ideals different from theirs. You dont like gays, ok, dont like gays, hold meetings that say you dont like gays, but dont do it in ways that let those who are gay live in peace. Dont like the war, write a letter, hold a protest, but dont jeer at the soldiers defending you or our countries ideals. And be assured, these are our countries ideals. Congress is passing bills that appropriate money to the war, and showing support for the war. Your government is the voice of your country. The people in the government making policy were elected by the masses. I for one would be right there telling the parents I appreciate the ultimate sacrifice their child made for ideals that may not have been theirs. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Simply amazing.

I will never understand the mentality of people who want to punish the soldiers, for serving the very country they live in. If you are a soldier, you don't have the luxury of deciding where and when. You do what your country asks of you.

So many don't realize that, even if you don't support the war you still can, and should, support the troops.

Of course, these protesters aren't people..they are the same kind of zealots that we are over there fighting in the first place.

Maj. Swinford, you and all your compatriots have my deepest regards and support.

Kudu's to the Patriot Bikers.

as for the protesters....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is pretty bad when a bunch of bikers have to hide protest from CHURCH MEMBERS!!
at a funeral!! What has our world come to, man.

T2

·
Registered
299 Posts
Brothers and friends all home from Iraq safely, thank God... but I know folks that lost family members there... and whatever you think of US Iraq policy - we ALL owe the Soldiers and Marines our deepest appreciation and gratitude.

This 'anti-***' church is as Christian as Charles Manson... and I found out they protested at a Soldier's funeral TWO MILES from my house. Damn good I didn't know about it, because I honestly can't tell you what I'd do if I saw a person holding a sign in front of a grieving mother that says, "Thank God for IEDs." I can barely type thinking about it. Would I break that person in two pieces? I don't know. But that's apparently how they finance their "church." Civil suits against people that lose their cool (and then their homes, finances).

My wife knows a leader of that Proud Patriots group... and they seem very genuine. No bad-ass or Harley-only attitude that I can see. They're very excited to have a Ducati showing up at one of their next rides. Mine. :D

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Makes me sick those quote unquote church going protestors! I'd like to f'ing send them to hell myself! What kind of demented mind do you have to have to come up with something like that? Worse yet, what kind of weakly lowlife would beleive it? Arghhh.

All you guys and gals over there in uniform, be safe. We're all thinking about you.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
blade625CT said:
I will never understand the mentality of people who want to punish the soldiers, for serving the very country they live in. If you are a soldier, you don't have the luxury of deciding where and when. You do what your country asks of you.

So many don't realize that, even if you don't support the war you still can, and should, support the troops.
I am old enough to remember the Vietnam war, when soldiers were openly punished by protestors. To add further insult, most of the soldiers of the Vietnam War were draftees and not there by choice. I think the attitude of the public has come a long way since then, even though that change may not be reflected in the actions of these religious fanatics.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Boy, got to hand it to you guys over there in the US, you sure do have some real wierdos..... (the church types, I mean, not the bikers).

I opposed the draft for Vietnam, but would never condone doing something like that at a funeral. Bit like the loonies in Iran, different god, same fanaticism - both would kill anyone who aint like them if they got half a chance.....

enough of religion and politics...

Now BIKES, they are my salvation. Amen.

Doc

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am part of the Patriot Guard. There are a bunch of us who also ride VTX1800's and hang out on the VTXOA.com board, too. It really is a neat organization. Our soldiers deserve the same respect dead and alive.

·
Registered
299 Posts
DocMV said:
Boy, got to hand it to you guys over there in the US, you sure do have some real wierdos..... (the church types, I mean, not the bikers).
Please note, this protesting group is a garden variety HATE GROUP. Religion is only a habitual activity, for many of us, it's motorcycling... or always stopping for a fellow rider in need... for the protesting people, their religion is based on hatred. Please don't lump people of faith like me, in with these wack jobs. They have a right to protest in this country... but you don't have the right to falsely proclaim, "Fire!" in a crowded theater. There's a balance there somewhere.

:)

G

·
Being a military brat and now being in the service i have always been brought up with a great appreciation for what soldiers do for us. I can remember when my father was called to duty in the first Gulf War and i have never been more proud of him and more scared at the same time in my life. What people dont realize is that they are out there defending our very freedom to question what they are doing. Instead of dragging the names of our fallen heros around and bashing the president, people should be thanking them for defending the very rights we have to say and do as we please. People take so many things for granted in this country that they dont stop to think about what it has cost in the past for us to live these kinda lives nowadays. OK i am getting off my soap box.

David
1999 St2

·
Registered
26 Posts
I concur...

I am currently a network engineer/systems engineer on US Bases in Kuwait. Before this, I was SSG Koch, US Army, Airborne (!). I have been several places, Nicaragua, Egypt, Romania, Haiti, and spent nearly ALL of 2003 in Iraq. I believe in what we are doing there, and I would do it all again if called upon or even given the choice.
People protesting the very people who protect their right to protest is nonsense.
To the servicemembers in ALL capacities supporting your country...not just military, but firemen and police too: You have my undying respect, and I am still with you in spirit AND in support.
To quote Field Marshal Montgomery of Alamein:
"They are, in fact, men apart--Every man an Emperor"

May God bless those who risk their all for freedom, and forgive those who take their freedoms and blessings for granted.

·
Registered
91 Posts
those church wackos...Gezzzzz what ever happen to loving thy brother.

BIg Crisp salute to you that fight/defend your country in one way or the other.

Kiwi

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I usually do not reply in forums about political issues. especially those that mix religion, patriotism, ect. I will make an exception here.
Anyone that gloats over the death of another human being has lost a portion of thier soul. a religion that waves plackards spouting hate, has lost its connection to God, if it ever had one.
I am a veteran, US army 69-71. drafted, and lucky enough to spend my time in that strange exotic country called Texas. I was injured in a car accident and spent several weeks in the hospital at Brooke army med center San Antonio Tx. All of my ward mates were returnees from Viet Nam. If more people had seen what I saw, I have no doubt that our armed forces would not be where they are now.
as Tiny Tim said, God bless us, EVERY one!

·
Registered
384 Posts
George Carlin said it best:

"Professional soldiers are people who die for a living."

But to celebrate the death of someone involved in public service is beyond morbid, it's pathetic. I don't have silly little magnets on my vehicles that say "Support our troops", because I don't think ANYONE should. It's your civic duty to support the troops, it's not like they have a choice on whether they wanna be there or not. That's the job they took when they signed up. I actually get a little angry when I see those things too, usually right next to a bumper sticker that says "I love my wife and kids". Friggin' idiots, yer supposed to. What's next, "I wipe my ass and eat food"?

What I don't understand is how come they haven't reported any violence against these protesters? It's kinda hard to hold a sign when all of your fingers have been smashed with a ball peen hammer and/or torque wrench. Certainly someone has had a round with these people.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I completely support every soldier over there putting their life on the line. I do not support the idea or people(government) who put them over there....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts