Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local Honda shop just happened to have a carburettor part I was needing, so I installed it onto my '97 900 SS and attempted to put all my carb expertise to work on adjusting them. My expertise in carburettors extends to lawnmowers, weedeaters and MGBs. I was surprised to find that my carbs looked different from the Ducati shop manual. There are two plugs on each carb which do not have screws inside as I had expected. Is there a special tool, or what? I can't see a way to tune them. I located all the air hoses, drain lines etc. and replaced them. They were just hanging there so I put them where they belong. Now the bike runs differently...not good, once it heats up it starts popping and sputtering and revs up to 3800 rpm and stays there. I may have to do an autopsy. The bike has 7600 miles on it. Don't worry, I LOVE working on it!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
An autopsy? Is it dead? Or are you planning on killing it?

There's a shitload of 1990s SS carb info within this forum. There are real experts on the actual carbs you're fiddling with here within the membership, I'd suggest doing whatever they tell you to do, and follow their instructions exactly. Be prepared to post pictures as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Do a SEARCH on SS carbs, there are very detailed threads on rebuilding and tuning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts