Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a brand new from Ducati fairing stay because I have not found one for an R. Now I noticed that the nose fairing from a 1098 that I was going to install until I find an OEM one, does not fit as well. So my question is is the headlight and front faring fitment different or just the front faring and are there anything else that I should be aware of before I get there also changing the left side racing controls back to OEM as well and taking off the traction control pod is it just plug and play?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What I found is that the R fairing stay is shorter/smaller at the steering head end, because only the R has the adjustable steering head

Maybe you purchased a fairing stay for a smaller non adjustable steering head.

I would think all the nose cones are the same, only the paint job to be different, the carbon cover behind the nose cone is different,, I've got some spares if you need them

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx i already purchased a set ....i will look into it but the stay came from the dealer and it is shorter then my other ones

1 - 3 of 3 Posts