Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to convert my 04 749 Dark biposto to a solo tail. What are my options, besides the ducati fiberglass seat cowl? I'm not sure I like the way the seat cowl looks. Can I go monoposto?? Do I need to change the sub frame?? Can I just get a solo tail that fits over the biposto section? Do they look okay?? If possible can i see some pics of the options you guys and gals think I should look at? Thanks a ton, Nik.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
If you don't plan on riding two-up, go with a mono subframe and mono tail, you'll shave a considerable amount of weight from where you don't want it... furthest from the center of mass. IMO, riding two-up on a 749 absolutely sucks, and the bikes should all be mono. Just my opinion tho :)

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I get a mono subframe from?? How much for a mono frame?? Are they steel or aluminum??

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
You need:
Mono subframe
Mono tail fairing

If you dont find a factory tail fairing, you will spend about $150 on parts to make an aftermarket fiberglass one work. So find a factory one with all the pieces (seat pad backing, nuts and bolts, mesh screens, etc)

You can find a subframe and fairing on ebay. That is the best place usually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts