Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 1996 900SS/CR. I have full fairings and a solo seat kit purchased from sharkskinz.
I wanted to know, regarding brackets & mounts what I will be needing to complete this conversion. Is there any websites I can purchase these fairing mounts? Also, I need to know where I can purchase the actual seats w/ the back rest for the solo seat? It was not included from a private purchase.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
See the attached diagram for the parts, where the parts go, and the part numbers (in red - zoom in the jpg to see the numbers) for the solo tail. But CONFIRM THESE NUMBERS before ordering. I'm reading from an old fiche and the numbers are not too clear.

If you have an OEM solo tail, the 4 brackets/rubber pads are what you'll need. The 4 brackets/rubber pads support the solo tail atop the frame rails right under the seat foam (and mount to it) and at the rearmost part of the frame. Note that older solo tails only had 2 of these brackets/rubber pads and thus caused cracking. All subsequent solo tails should have the mounts for the 4 brackets/rubber pads. I don't know of any source other than OEM for these parts.

I've seen some aftermarket solo tails where you don't need the rear 2 bracket/rubber pads because that area has been built up with a support surface that is part of the tail itself.

As for the brackets that screw into each side of the front cylinder to support the front fairings, you can run without let but may want them for stability of the fairings at high speed. Again, I don't know of any source other than OEM for these parts. Some have tried to make them.

The parts diagram is for a 900SS/FE but the ones for the 900SS,CR,SP are the same.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow great info. Just out of curiousity, do you know where I can purchase SL high mount exhaust slip ons? Regardless if they are stock or not?

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
There are few that currently make them. Most can be sources through ebay. Or you can get some custom made.

Shoot me your email address and I can email you the parts diagram for the solo tail (can't seem to upload the image right now).

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
I just moved the thread from Superbike to SS forum..

Now back to our program

//amullo

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mark,

For what its worth the two forward rubber mountings (the ones under the seat padding) are the same part and part no as the rubber mountings on which your fuel tank rests. The half round ones that rests on the frame... I've just recently ordered them for my seat together with the rubber pads at the rear. I have an OE seat, but the previous owner never bothered to get the correct mountings - it had foam rubber taped to the brackets on which it rested. It worked okay, but its not the right way of doing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts