Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 06 monoposto SC. Would it be difficult/expensive to change the seat, so I could get a passenger on the back? Any guidance is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
524 Posts
Swing arm,Seat,Shock absorbers,exhaust,Triangles and Footpegs and other sundry shit-it would be cheaper to sell the mono and buy a bip

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
They shitcanned the mono because so many were clamoring for a 2 up Sport thus the biposto, many more of them available to. Like I just said to my girl last week when she asked "aren't you glad I like to ride?" I hesitate and say "no, doubling fkg sucks ass, OK, no more bullshit, get your own bike":D

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I'm not so sure there are many more bipostos. Certainly there are more GTs around, but S1K/S1KS biposto versions seem to be somewhat rare, at least in the used market for sale.

As for converting, I think looking for a solution to mount passenger pegs off of the standard rear set mounts, and getting a second seat off a biposto is the best solution. That way there's no dealing with swing arms, exhaust, etc. Depending on your mono exhaust setup, may or may not work well.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Why?:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Fear not all ye mono-ducatisti as I just put $$ down on a Red 06 with 900 miles on it. Tank was surprisingly unmoved, stock but for Wasp tail chop and blinkers and Wasp TDSM. Going to need a RR as something chewed the wires a bit and owner said it is getting hot. So one more single seater saved.;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Fear not all ye mono-ducatisti as I just put $$ down on a Red 06 with 900 miles on it. Tank was surprisingly unmoved, stock but for Wasp tail chop and blinkers and Wasp TDSM. Going to need a RR as something chewed the wires a bit and owner said it is getting hot. So one more single seater saved.;)
Congratulations!! Can't have too many SCs IMO:)

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
262 Posts
Motel rooms are for 2 up riding, but if you insist on carrying luggage go get a luggage rack.:D

·
34 Posts
Here's my passenger foot peg frame for my mono Sport 1000.
The idea was to create something that could be bolted on (and off) with zero/minimal frame mods. A single hole needs to be drilled in the upper mount on either side but otherwise it just bolts on. It uses some simple minimal aftermarket foot pegs for a Harley.
Obviously having the clearance of the QD box exhaust helps but it may work with other exhaust systems...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
This thread covers how to easily make a removeable bracket which installs behind your current pegs to install a second set of pegs:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/137963-monoposto-biposto-conversion-2.html

You'll then require the biposto seat and adjust the spacers on your seat latch. The stock shock will work for short rides if you and your lady are reasonably slim. Further conversion to dual shocks starts getting prohibitive (exhaust hangers, swingarm, shocks, etc).

If you want to swap seats... I would be very interested... I've swapped everything else from BiPosto to MonoPosto and have been waiting for a seat to come up for sale.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So I converted my biposto to a mono. Took sometime and money but I really wish I would have bought a mono. You live and learn.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
Conversion? That's simple. By simply installing the factory rear cowling on a biposto you get a monoposto.

·
Motorbike Junky
654 Posts
Uh, not quite... The mono has a different swingarm, shock, headers, exhaust, rearsets, and that seat/cowl you mentioned. It's a good bit to do it properly.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hmmm. A biposto seat on a mono may be handy for luggage (saddlebags, seat bag) on a long trip. Not keen on scratching the seat cowl with luggage. Sorry for getting off topic.

·
34 Posts
GuyBFF,
Thanks for the link.
I'd seen the other versions of mono>bip brackets and wanted something that actually matched aesthetically (spaceframe style, etc) so didn't go with anything I'd seen in the threads.
I already have a twin seat and plan on keeping the mono (the bip bracket is easily removed so I can convert back to mono at a moment's notice).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts