Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8/1/12

I once owned an 851 that had Conti Reverse Megphone race exhausts. They were great looking...and sounded great.
Long gone from production I have found a fabricator interested in re-creating the exhaust as a "slip-on" for SS/SL/SP models.
They would be "high mount" like the stock SL setup ..in fact they are using my stock SL slip-ons as a template.

I have attached some image files to give you some idea how they will look. They will be made of Stainless...and come either as "mirror finish" (hand polished) of a matte finish...not the black in the photo...but one could get them ceramic coated any color. The 851 with the white tailsection is the "look" I'm shooting for.

This post is to gauge interest...if 5 or 6 people are interested I think we can get them for about $700/set...

Let me know at [email protected]

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
I think they look fantastic, but $700 !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Love 'em, but I gotta stop buying exhausts!

Would love a set for my 860gt, but got to get it running first...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Sl?

Superlights didn't come stock with reverse megaphones...:think:. High mount, yes, but not megaphones.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Those pipes were the Roche Replica pipes. I don't think Conti made them but they worked great.I had a set on my racebike until a crash in the gravity cavity at RA.

·
Grouchy Old Fart
25 Posts
Maybe

If they can be done to fit a '99 900ss... maybe. Any experience with how they run? Just looking, I would guess that they are tuned for midrange. Let me know.

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
8/3/12

I'm 99% sure they are Conti...I've actually got some history and some close-ups. I'll check the "Roche connection"...

Jeff

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8/3/12

I'm not so sure about 1999...the "pattern" being used are the cans from my 1993 SL.

I'll do some checking with someone with the fiches from that model year.

Jeff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
8/3/12

The WILL be tuned for "mid-range"...which is primarily a matter of "tweaking" the perforated insert.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If they can be done to fit a '99 900ss... maybe. Any experience with how they run? Just looking, I would guess that they are tuned for midrange. Let me know.

Jim
Me too maybe, if they can come to the UK for a reasonable cost

regards, Kurt

·
Registered
90 Posts
Verlicchi pipes not Conti

These high level pipes were made by Verlicchi..I have had 2 sets over the last 20 years..1 high level set and 1 low level set.About 15 years ago Gregg Rammel near Detroit had Aircone roll up a small batch in Stainless replicas ....He had them Welded up and polished the sets by hand...they were pricey..but very nice...they were nicknamed "Megatones"...I still have the new set of Verlicchi high pipes if you need dimensions.Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.