Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After having sold my Honda Fireblade, I am considering to replace it with a Bimota DB4c 944, which is standing here at one of the lousy shops for more then 3 years already. Guess it is about time someone is going to take care of that lady.

I am familiar with Ducati's, belt life time, etc, but was wondering if anyone can advise on specific model points of this beauty, for Bimota in general and this model in particular.

Any warning, advise or suggestion is much appreciated.

Although prices are largly different here in China, doews anyone has any price idea?

Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
That looks like a custom bike to me, but if the work is done well you might still consider it.

I sing the praises of my DB4 Corse all the time. It's not a sophisticated bike, but it's an honest bike. Light and flickable like no other bike I know.

Bruce

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like a custom bike to me, but if the work is done well you might still consider it.
Bruce
Yup, the picture is of Japanese custom bike, the one I am looking for is standard though. Still same model as picture, same fairing, saddle and paintscheme, just standard frame and other components.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Your not Dave Jansens brother from So Cal are you?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much are they asking for? Can you take a pic of the bike? Need to see the condition really...
Will go to the shop this weekend, really need to talk to the owner there to see what he want.
No asking price so far.
Will try to make some pictures and post. Thx so far.

·
Registered
87 Posts

I sing the praises of my DB4 Corse all the time. It's not a sophisticated bike, but it's an honest bike. Light and flickable like no other bike I know.

Bruce
I don't think you guys understand what the DB4C is. The standard DB4's with a couple Corse parts are Nothing at all like a real DB4C. I got to ride one of the first at the track. They're really good but DB4C's were in the 60K price range. Every part just about has been swapped out with Corse parts and most had frames and other parts anodized gold. A few had Ohlins forks and aluminum bodied shocks with hyd preload. All fasteners were Ti and tons more that would take a while to spell out. Again , this is if it's an actual DB4C built by Shin Condo himself and not a cheasy copy(meaning paint). There were different levels of bikes built, but even the most economical ones are WAY more trick than the DB4's with kits we got here in the USA.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I find the DB4C color scheme rather ugly:eek: I would rather have the DB4 that Bob Smith was selling for $30,000.00. Moto corse everything, CarbonDream bodywork, Ohlins with moto corsa bottoms & triples, moto corse full exhaust and every bolt possible titanium or aluminum.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think you guys understand what the DB4C is. The standard DB4's with a couple Corse parts are Nothing at all like a real DB4C.
That exactly why I posted.
I am by far an expert on Bimota, guess all I had was a poster of the first Tesi above my bed for a while.

As said will make some pictures to show what it exactly is. Still, the bike came from Japan several years ago, where "original" has much higher value then here in China. The bike's fairings are identical as the picture i posted above, identical inprint db4c - 944, identical forks, etc. I don't think there is anyone here who has Bimota fairings to "upgrade" the bike. Still it can be a scam.

Should love to hear more on how i can check better. Much appreciated.

Eric

·
Registered
87 Posts
I find the DB4C color scheme rather ugly:eek: I would rather have the DB4 that Bob Smith was selling for $30,000.00. Moto corse everything, CarbonDream bodywork, Ohlins with moto corsa bottoms & triples, moto corse full exhaust and every bolt possible titanium or aluminum.

My friend owns that DB4. It's for sale!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Four bikes keep me busy with battery tenders and keeping the gas fresh. I don't have a clue how you guys keep large collections going. Now if I was retired, that would be another story.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Here's the DB4 Bob Smith had. You can see a DB4C right behind it.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
is that your garage D16RR,supermono,...
nice stuff in there.

henk!!!
I wish!! Theres a pic of my garage in my profile I think. Theres a few D16's and 1098R's in that garage. 30 or so Bimota's including the race SB8 that Gobert ran. A bunch of MV CC's etc. That Supermono is brand new.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts