Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering buying a 2002 S4. It has about 10k miles and looks very nice and clean. What should I look for? Are there any issues with that year/model? Some of the mods include: Remus low exhaust, power commander, matris steering damper, clutch slave cylinder, etc. The price is $6900/reasonable offer. Opinions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm no expert but I think $5800 would be a more reasonble price for this model/year, unless it is the "foggy" edition or has more extensive mods you are not listing. I just bought a similar bike for alot less, albeit salvaged title.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I love my '02 S4.

Sadly, I think these models have not do well in the used market, as most see them as having been surpassed by the S4R and S4Rs models ('04-'08).

I agree that $6,900 is a lot of money to pay unless the bike is very low miles and in showroom condition, and it has all service records that show it has been maintained according to standard. Do not pay anything extra for accessories, even if they are part of the deal - they simply don't add to re-sale value like on some other bikes.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I paid a bit over $6k for my 01. 12,000 miles, there were a couple of issues in the first month and a half, but I bought it from a dealer and they took care of it. It is a really fun bike to ride. I've had bigger, faster, quieter, probably more reliable bikes, but this one certainly has a ton of personality. And I know that accessories are outrageous for these things, but to me, stock is worth more than modified. Mine has some Race Tech front fork work, and an Ohlins, but if there were engine mods and I didn't know who did them, I wouldn't have bought the bike. But the engine is all stock.

But if it is worth it to you, then get it. Oh yeah, I just missed an S4R, for $7k, but that went real quick. I was about a day late.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm no expert but I think $5800 would be a more reasonble price for this model/year, unless it is the "foggy" edition or has more extensive mods you are not listing. I just bought a similar bike for alot less, albeit salvaged title.
I saw your post, $2000, right? Great score!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call me crazy, I just submitted an app for an 09 1100S with a ton of accessories. Not used, new, it was a bike submitted for the contest the US dealers had for customizing an '09 1100S. If the % rate is reasonable I may jump on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts