Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how different the S4 engine compares to the DS? Is it smoother like a 1098? How does the 796 engine compare to the DS1000?
I only have my Sport1000 and 1098s to compare to.... I want something fun, while the Sport1000 is cool to ride it lacks a little something. The 1098s is a blast to ride, and the only complaint is the heat. I am not looking for a powerful street bike per se, but something smooth and easy to ride, especially in the twisties.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have a Monster 1100 EVO and it is smooth and easy/fun to ride in the twisties but it also radiates a lot of heat. It's not a whole lot more powerful than the Sport Classic but the chassis is probably a bit better along with the brakes and it is probably a bit lighter too, especially the wheels.

Have you given any thought to the Streetfighter 848? I've ridden it a couple times and was really impressed with it. It is very smooth and easy to ride and it excels in the twisties.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a 1098S, and I think it would defeat the purpose of the street fighter. I know that they are worlds apart. I really like the Monster's looks, and was just curious as to how the power delivery was compared to the SC.
I guess I will have to stop by the dealership and test ride one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts