Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says I'm considering a new color combo for my red '10 Streetfighter. I originally wanted a black SF but I couldn't pass up this deal. I figured I would eventually fall love with the red, but that ain't happening. Right now I'm thinking about buying a used black tank and replacing the rest of the plastic with carbon fiber to completely black the bike out. When I saw the DP tail section with the white number plates I thought that might look cool on a red bike. Ultimately I'm just looking for a tasteful way to break up the red. If you have any suggestions or examples please chime in. Keep in mind I have the non-"S" with the black frame and silver forks.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I have the same taste you, I wanted a black s with gold forks. Ended up getting a red non-s. I got a paint quote for 1k to paint it black. But it seriously grew on me. It took a month of just staring at her before I realized red is the classic Ducati color. If I did paint her black I would get the frame painted red also. I'll do that when I get the itch for a new bike.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
225 Posts
Im red all the way, but I have replaced all the dull plastic with carbon. However I did change the chin guards for carbon but thought the bike was getting tooo black and needed a bit of red, so went back. Have you considered getting the tank vinyl wrapped??? cheap alternative to spraying and you could get the carbon look! You could also vinyl wrap your forks easily any color you wanted get down your local sticker store ha ha I have added red vinyl to my carbon headlight cover!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im red all the way, but I have replaced all the dull plastic with carbon. However I did change the chin guards for carbon but thought the bike was getting tooo black and needed a bit of red, so went back. Have you considered getting the tank vinyl wrapped??? cheap alternative to spraying and you could get the carbon look! You could also vinyl wrap your forks easily any color you wanted get down your local sticker store ha ha I have added red vinyl to my carbon headlight cover!

here is mine.

with vinyl forks cover.

Dont cover with carbon vinyl your tank....

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would the vinyl fade with UV exposure?

It looks good.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

due to weather conditions in my country (Greece),
forks are exposed not only in sun, but also in rain etc, if you mean that...
with no problem.

they fit almost perfect.

As i mentioned before, i dont recommend vinyl tank cover because im afraid the tank edges. Its possible an air intrusion and on the other hand,high temp needed will also affect your tank paint.

And as greeks say, " You have the knife, you also have the watermelon".
In other words, its all about you.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chief - I like your approach....I think I'll take a page out of your book.

Cobretti - I love the look of your forks bro. I also like the knee grips on your tank. If I add a carbon fender I think that will be enough black to offset all the red. Thanks for the tips guys.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Red is my favourite colour, my hypermotard was red, my van is red, my dirt bike is red, my company colour is red, and red makes things sexier and go faster..........
but......
i brought a black streetfighter because its a fact that black is the best colour for a ducati streetfighter, SEXY SEX SEXY

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good morning, I am in process of turning my '11 SFS in Diamond Black to Pearl White from 2010. Waiting on the headlight housing and radiator guards.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
Looks great! Are you painting the bike or replacing the fairings?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts