Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this isn't already a thread that's been beat into the ground. Am casually considering purchasing a new 12' 848 EVO SE and want to see what you folks think. Is this still a viable bike to buy even though it's evident Ducati is trying to "blow" the remaining inventory out with their "Summer" sales promotion? For most of you who have purchased one of the 848s, is the SE package worth the additional grand? Just not too sure about the paint scheme.
Just haven't seen any news/info on what Ducati is planning on replacing the 848 format with.
Will send out thanks in advance for whatever comments you folks might have.
PS, not looking for a bike to track. Just want something a bit more reliable than my 851 Strada...
Pat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do it

Just my two cents:

If you are buying an 848 EVO already, then the upgrades are going to be worth the extra 1K sticker price. The Ohlins rear shock is worth it by itself, not to mention better brakes, traction control and the quick shifter is sweet! I dig the color scheme and that's just a paint job away from what you want if you really don't like it.

If it's between 848 EVO and 848 EVO Corse SE, get the SE.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just my two cents:

If you are buying an 848 EVO already, then the upgrades are going to be worth the extra 1K sticker price. The Ohlins rear shock is worth it by itself, not to mention better brakes, traction control and the quick shifter is sweet! I dig the color scheme and that's just a paint job away from what you want if you really don't like it.

If it's between 848 EVO and 848 EVO Corse SE, get the SE.
Just a small correction the EVO and the EVO Corse have the same brakes.

The front rotors are bigger to allowed for the DTC. Unlike the EVO It also has the passenger seat and the seat cover.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
If you're willing to buy the 848 Corse, hit me up I have a 1198 Corse for sale. I can put it back to stock or I can give it to you with tons of mods for the right price. You'll never know if you don't ask.

The bike has 1058 miles on it, all of the service has been done including new timing belts, oil change, flush fluids, brand new tires. Since the service it has never been ridden.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I picked up a SE last month. When i was pondering the EVO vs the EVO SE, i could not justify not buying the SE. The upgrades are well worth the 1K, and i knew i would kick myself later on for not buying it.

Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love mine. Puts a smile to my face everytime. If you go the the right dealer who knows you might get it cheaper now as I'm sure they're all trying to get rid of their stock before the year ends. The quickshifter is a neat feature. Traction control and ohlins is def worth the extra $$$. The paint scheme is awesome but I guess not for everyone.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, love the great comments. Dansy, are you saying that you're 53? Heck, I'm going on 55 and don't appear to be slowing down (too much at least). N.E. 54, sorry, but don't want that much power to go with one of the "big- bore" Ducs.
I guess one question I was having that doesn't seem to be addressed is, whether it would be more prudent to wait until the new bike which is coming out. If I do go ahead and make this purchase, it won't be until sometime next month. Pretty hard to not at least ponder these bikes, especially with the 2.39% financing Ducati is offering.
Again, thanks for the great comments.
PS, anyone out there "not" pleased with their 848s?
Pat

·
Registered
514 Posts
In your position, I would consider waiting to see what's in the pipes for the 1199's younger brother.. I've hear rumors of an 899 or possibly 799 coming out in a year or two.

It'd be safe to assume it will not only be quicker than the 848, but will probably be loaded with all the gadgets the 848s came with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love mine / shot on the "tail of the dragon"

Bigger rotor, whatever, it stops like a mo fo!

Shot this video earlier this month. Enjoy!

Lesson learned from this video, make sure you get it into 2nd when using the quick shifter!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts